Iron Warriors Novel...

The 13th Goat

I have the Iron Warrior novella and i have to say i was kinda dissapointed. I really liked storm of iron, but i feel like McNeill kinda ruined the character of honsou a bit. He so flat now, he doesnt really have a believable personality anymore. As far as the story goes, i thought the idea was interesting, a seige on a star fort, but that it was poorly executed. Almost like Graham phoned it in a bit for this one. Sometimes i love his books (A Thousand Sons, Storm of Iron, the first 2 Ventris novels) but sometimes he really misses the mark. I am still excited for Chapter's Due though, as much as i complain about Honsou, i am invested in the character and wanna see what happens to him, same with Ventris. (And yea, Forrix was way better)

I have the Iron Warrior novella and i have to say i was kinda dissapointed. I really liked storm of iron, but i feel like McNeill kinda ruined the character of honsou a bit. He so flat now, he doesnt really have a believable personality anymore.

I would have agreed with you in some of the other novels after Storm of Iron, but I actually thought that he get a little bit better during the siege. Like he mentions in the book, its like he's back doing what he loves.

I have the Iron Warrior novella and i have to say i was kinda dissapointed. I really liked storm of iron, but i feel like McNeill kinda ruined the character of honsou a bit. He so flat now, he doesnt really have a believable personality anymore.

I would have agreed with you in some of the other novels after Storm of Iron, but I actually thought that he get a little bit better during the siege. Like he mentions in the book, its like he's back doing what he loves.

This is pretty much how Honosu like in Chapter Due, he say he miss lay seige like a true Iron Warrior. I also like his thinking in Chapter Due, again not want to spoil stuff, but let just say that saying he got in Skull Harvest "strongest are strong alone" hold very true.

Dreachon Posted Yesterday, 09:26 AM

Hopefully it'll be a good book and an UM fanboyfest, we all know that mr McNeill is a big fan of them,

As for your funny IP

Apocalypse datasheet anyone?

Never knew as never been much of a Apoclypse player, no intrest in any exspansion that get release beside the cool new models (to much hype then nothing happen a month after release around here). Will give it a check.

As for Ultramarine, well Uriel still play a big part :ph34r: but there is a lot of Ultramarine stuff happen with the whole chapter in the war. As well as Uriel, there are two main part/battles that stand out, let just say Tigurius has a vision (you pretty much read this in the first parts of the novel) but will not say more than that. But beyound that, it is pretty cool seeing the Ultramarine going on to war.

How each area is diffrent in battle style as well which is cool with the armies of Chaos.....well with Xeno & other stuff mix in battle the Ultramarine's.

Also how the Ultramarines are toword each other has been pretty cool.

But there is sure a lot of Ultramarine going on's, along with there allies which has been pretty cool.

There is a lot of cool idea's for armies or single models as well.

On Chapter 18 (after page 220ish) right now.

IP

• 3 weeks later...
I still hope chaos will win :D

As a chaos follower and Ironwarriors player I rather see the Halfbreed win this war then seeing Uriel and the Ultramarines triumph..

As an Ultramarine, I want to see Ventris ripped apart by M'kar and his soul tormented for all eternity.

As an Iron Warrior, the only person upon whom I wish a fate worse than that described above is Honsou.

I still hope chaos will win :teehee:

As a chaos follower and Ironwarriors player I rather see the Halfbreed win this war then seeing Uriel and the Ultramarines triumph..

As an Ultramarine, I want to see Ventris ripped apart by M'kar and his soul tormented for all eternity.

I'm not quite sure if you realize this but your current Avatar is a picture of Ventris that appeared in the 4th edition Marine codex. :tu:

I still hope chaos will win :P

I'm not quite sure if you realize this but your current Avatar is a picture of Ventris that appeared in the 4th edition Marine codex. :P

I realise that. The reason I have the Avatar is that A: It is a cool picture, and B: It is so inconsistent with the majority of depictions of Ventris that it isn't a picture of him.

Uriel Ventris has thick black hair, a powersword, doesn't have artificer armour and no facial scarring. That marine has a no hair, a chainsword, artificer armour and extensive facial scarring. You can draw a thin man in a suit, have him smoking a cigarette and give him an afro, then claim that it is a drawing of Winston S. Churchill. Doesn't mean it is. :P

• 2 weeks later...

got my copie of 'chapter's due" yesterday.

read whole the way trough it already.. and I'm kinda disappointed..

I'll get into details later.

there's a few things that bother me in the novel.

* the fact that by saying M'kar so called true name he gets somewhat powerless, I thought this trick only worked on daemons and not elevated chaos marines that became daemon princes, if this is the case, it's quite easy to banish dameon princes or make them weaker..

*Ventris got banned for breaking the codex, but when reading this novel there are other captains who might as well get send on a death oath.

Hell, Calgar himself is revealed as a liar

besiides that It's an UM fanboy fest..but at least now there's another ultramarine I despise more then Ventris.. hello Cato sicarius. :lol:

there's a few things that bother me in the novel.

* the fact that by saying M'kar so called true name he gets somewhat powerless, I thought this trick only worked on daemons and not elevated chaos marines that became daemon princes, if this is the case, it's quite easy to banish dameon princes or make them weaker..

Nope, it works with all daemons. Codex Daemonhunters is fairly clear about that.

Archived