BT Landraider Converted

Pizzasemmel

Yet another WIP log from me, this time a BT landraider (my army grows slowly but steadily)

Again, lots of plastic card and CoD bits

left to do:

- clean the whole thing (you will notice swarf on some of the pics) and fill up all the cracks

- redo the elements on top of the headlights

- the area around the relic is not finished, i do not know yet what i will with it

- add chains to the relic as well as somewhere else

- paint :)

But i'll let the pics talk now, enjoy

gallery_49861_4187_205471.jpg

gallery_49861_4187_72620.jpg

gallery_49861_4187_12343.jpg

gallery_49861_4187_56258.jpg

gallery_49861_4187_187647.jpg

gallery_49861_4187_81549.jpg

Ditto to everyone else's comments. Great work, I love to see the base models somewhere under the detail but the sort that actually is relevant and yet stays the right side of "classy". In "Christmas lights on house", this is that house that just looks "sweet" and not "chav".

Very impressive and i love the large banner. Way oversized for the model but fits with the BT fluff.

from the banner, i see the doors from the administratum building trimed down to only the eagles embedded in the doors. and on top, i see the saint statues from one of the window sections from the same set. and some of the lil bits look like the bits from the CoD accessory sprue; the one with the walkway sections on it that you can buy extras of seperately, if i recall right about where i clipped those pieces when i built mine.

from the banner, i see the doors from the administratum building trimed down to only the eagles embedded in the doors. and on top, i see the saint statues from one of the window sections from the same set. and some of the lil bits look like the bits from the CoD accessory sprue; the one with the walkway sections on it that you can buy extras of seperately, if i recall right about where i clipped those pieces when i built mine.

A very sharp eye you've got there ;)

You only missed the wings in front of the hurricane bolters...they have been cut out of a CoD wall segment aswell

If i had had them i would have used the waterspouts which look like a eagle...:P (at least thats what i think what they are supposed to be..waterspouts)

Wow, what can I say without echoing what others have already. One question though, what are the littl plasticard boxes above the raiders lights? Are they more lights, or something else that I am just too stupid to fathom?

Can't wait to see more, ID

Wow, what can I say without echoing what others have already. One question though, what are the littl plasticard boxes above the raiders lights? Are they more lights, or something else that I am just too stupid to fathom?

Can't wait to see more, ID

from the side they look, with a good amount of imagination, a bit like a abstract head / beak, but you pointed out exactly the one thing i will redo (see OP). So it is completly fine you didn't understand it...because in its current state it simply sucks ^^

Very nice brother! The CoD walls make for great decorations on a LR ( I should know ). I love the feel you've gotten into it, very gothic and very templar. Thumbs up so far!

Now let's see the small stuff finished so we can get some paint on this badboy! :rolleyes:

well...let's see...on a scale of 1 to 10...I'd have to give it a score of, now it hasn't been painted yet mind you.....

um....I can't count that high!!!!!!!!! :D :D :rolleyes: :P

awesome job!!! I'm sooooo friggin jealous!!

Youre tanks are EPIC :) . I have to admit I like it better than you vindicator. May I ask why it has the flamestorm cannon on the front? :D

Because i don't care either about the rules nor the sense it makes. It looks interesting and it is different, that is enough reason for me :)

@ everybody else: thanks for the nice comments, as soon as i have better daylight i'll have a small update for you

Oh cities of death.... I thought y'all were talking about Call of Duty.

But still an amzing conversion. The use of CoDbits is inspired, the turrert being a very nice touch. The only bit I cna criticise is that the struts connecting the sponson mounts to the body seem a little... superflous. They don't really add anything to the model as whole. But overall, excellent conversion.

Archived