how renegade fit in a warband?

trolly

hi,

i've been wondering about this.

if an individual or a unit of ex-loyalist marine join a warband or maybe join an original csm legion,

how they fit?

do they change the armour paint or just change the shoulder pad, if it is engraved?

i'm asking this coz i want to paint a renegade squad that join my warband.

thanks for the help.

cheers,

:)

I'm guessing you could do whichever you want. I guess if it was joining a warband long term, they may need to rethink thier colour scheme or some part of their armour (all of my models joining the Black Legion have their left shoulder pads painted black), but if it was just in a mercenary way, I'm guessing it wouldn't matter and they could leave it as it is.

Whichever you want to do, possibly write up or think out what the back story as to how they met, what the plans are going forward etc, then use that to explain.

I imagine it depends on the proclivities and standards of the individuals involved: the requirements of being inculcated into the wider warband, the beliefs/perspectives of the renegades etc. For example, the Red Corsairs do not have a standard paint scheme; their members simply obliterate the icons and imagery of their former loyalty with great red marks; that's it. Thus, a Red Corsairs warband can consist of any number of colour schemes.

Some, such as the Black Legion, require demonstrations of total and utter loyalty, thus potential recruits are required to paint significant portions of their armour black. But even in these instances, there is a certain degree of variety and leeway depending upon the traditions and standards of individual warbands.

Archived