Assault marines and their weapons

Meatman

Found something interesting in the options for a sergeant.

"The space marine sergeant may replace his bolt pisol and/or chainsword with:

- a storm shield....

- a plasma pistol....

- a power weapon or lightning claw....

- a power fist....

- a thunderhammer or pair of lightning claws.... "

What interests me is the last option. The pair of lightning claws.

It implies that you can swap the bolt pistol or chainsword for them, leaving one spare. You could potentially run dual lightning claws and a storm shield?

Twin Claws and Storm Shield would be, as Grey Mage said, pointless.

However, you could get Twin Claws and a Plasma Pistol, a Thunder Hammer (awesome conversion) or even another set of Lightning Claws (Lightning Talons on your boots?)

Also, remove the point costs from your post. It goes against forum rules.

However, you could get Twin Claws and a Plasma Pistol, a Thunder Hammer (awesome conversion) or even another set of Lightning Claws (Lightning Talons on your boots?)

Done

I'm aware that storm shield as well would be a stupid idea, I was just using it as an example :rolleyes:

Done

I'm aware that storm shield as well would be a stupid idea, I was just using it as an example ^_^

I keep gettign this awesome idea of a Lightning Claw Captain running and tearing through some Traitor Guardsmen, and after combat a Lascannon strikes him square in the chest plate, only for him to step back and barely stagger, simply because the Storm Shield is on his chest. Then he proceeds to dive down on them and rip them to shreds....

Yeah, but if you did you wouldnt get the +1 A for 2 CCWs... so it would kinda suck eh?

why wouldnt you, its the same argument with calgar and his two fists.. but since the shield is not a ccw the argument stands that he is armed with the 2 claws so must get the attack..

I cant see a counter argument but please fill me in if im wrong

Yeah, but if you did you wouldnt get the +1 A for 2 CCWs... so it would kinda suck eh?

why wouldnt you, its the same argument with calgar and his two fists.. but since the shield is not a ccw the argument stands that he is armed with the 2 claws so must get the attack..

I cant see a counter argument but please fill me in if im wrong

The shield rules specifically say that a model with a storm shield can not get the +1 attack for two weapons. The Calgar fists argument is very different.

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome...Lightning toenails...

Hmm. +1 attack for the second claw; is it +1 or +2 for my toenails? Total of 4 CC weapons.

Probably a hypothetical question, but I'm ill today & bored.

Oh, well, just looked it up, no benefit from toenails, BRB p37, "more than 2 weapons...no additional benefit"

Boo.

Archived