Land Raider mobile gun platform.

I am looking for a way to give my Deamonhunter force an insane gun platform type tank. And recently found the IG aircraft punisher cannons on forgeworld. What would you think about having one or two of these things mounted in each sponson of a land raider? As I'm not too sure of the size, would someone be able to guide me if two would be too big and cramped in the sponson.

Also any other ideas for something like this, a Deamonhunter mobile gun platform, doesn't matter how crazy it sounds. By the way, I will be magnetising all this, so don't worry about the weapons you suggest being game legal. I mainly want this as a show type model, but of course with the magnets, being able to swap out legal weapons so I can use the raider in game.

Thanks guys,

Dan.

What about going over the top and mounting the shadow sword cannon to the top, with a bunch of struts for support. It kind of makes me think of the ordantulis (sp?) machines (of course much smaller) of the Adepts Mechanicus. They were mentioned in the Word Bearers novels, but I can't remember if it was "Dark Apostle" or "Dark Creed." Since your idea is a little over the top, you might as well push it way over the top. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the replies =] I was thinking about having some form of massive turret cannon, though I'm not sure of how the look of the land raider would suit. I was thinking of maybe having the vulcan mega bolter turret, but 1-don't like the mix of Ig and SM vehicle parts and 2- no cheap way of doing it.

And yeh, I don't really care about rules and transport capacity or anything, just looking for a pure gun platform, but something that still looks reasonable in a SM army.

-Idea- Seeing as you can buy Titan arms seperate these days. What if I were to look at getting a vulcan bolter arm and incorporating it with the Land Raider, again I'm not sure on the size of the titan arm, do you think it would be too big to work with against the raider?

I hate to put a spoiler on a good idea but what kind of magnets are you going to buy? I've not handled a resin model before but I'd imagine its much denser than plastic, if this is the case you might have a hard time hanging a great big resin gun off of it on the sponson mounts.

Fake edit: Actually now that I've gone and taken a look on the FW site I think it would actually be quite achievable. Unfortunately the Vendetta photo's don't have a handy IG/SM stood by the wing for a scale reference so I'm guessing by the cockpit size and the pilots inside.

Where will you position the ammo drum for the punishers? Perhaps it could sit on top of the sponson with the gun mounted on it's side (turn the whole thing 90 degrees) and the ammo belt could pass through a gap in the sponson mount? I've not worked with resin so I don't know how feasible this is but you could warm the belt in hot water and flex it to accomodate the slot you cut for it.

If you want an insane gun platform I might say that the Punisher cannons are a little on the small side, how about Siege mortars on the sponsons? :P

Cyrl- I did think about the weight of the cannons in the sponsons, however, I was just going to use bigger magnets and cut out some of the hull behind the sponson mounts if need be.

Yeh, its frustrating there are no models for scale next to that vandetta. For the ammo boxes I wasn't going to use the big ass drum that comes with the punisher cannon, I was going to use two ammo boxes that come with the predator heavy bolter sponson, or something similar.

Lol- siege mortars on the sponsons, I was mainly thinking 'infantry mincer' which is why I thought the punishers would suit well. I have seen a couple of nice raiders with the turret of a baneblade or other suitable heavy tank, but I really don't like the mix.

So far the punisher cannons are looking to be my most prefered options for the main guns.

Dan.

Archived