What mark for Warptime prince?

Bodacious2182

I am leaning toward Tzeench for the added invulnerable save; but I can see the argument for Nurgle.

IMO, the DP is seen as a huge threat, especially one wielding warptime. When I face MCs and other high toughness items I am putting as much melta, plasma, and lasgun fire into it as possible, making the higher toughness kind of moot. Other people do the same.

Although, with the regular 5 toughness, the DP is more susceptible to weaker firing and stacking any save leads to death.

What are your experiences? Is it better to do the best at taking advantage of cover saves and hope for the best?

Personally, I like Tzeentch (plus you can take Wind Of Chaos too!). Reroling to wounds with Winds of Chaos is great.

Nurgle is a good choice for a cheaper option.

Slaanesh = good because its cheap and you strike before almost anything

Nurgle = better at absorbing small arms firepower which tend to be shorter range. If you can get a 4+ cover save from terrain or a Land Raider, its the best of both worlds.

Tzeentch = better at absorbing typical anti-tank/MC firepower. Its also more helpful against Power Fists in HtH combat.

For my money, I like Tzeentch because I feel that a T5 3+ save is good enough against small arms. However most people like the Nurgle DP so that S4 is wounding on 6's only.

I don't use any mark on WT DP in order to keep it cheap (I'm pretty stengy with HQ pts)

I think it's a hard choice between MoN and MoTz. MoN is better against lower str hits, and you can get the 4+ invul on the way in by advancing behind rino/LR. But I have never lost my DP to str.4 hits, it was always to high str. weops, so I think if I were to give him a mark, it would be MoTz so he always has the 4+, not just when 1st advancing.

MoT definitly. I used to use MoN, but no one really tries to kill a Daemon Prince with bolters. I also got sick of dying as soon as something with more than one power fist got into combat with him. As an added bonus, with a 4++ cover is pretty irrelevant so you can be mouch more threatening and aggressive with him.

I like MoS because it's cheap , and can turn the Daemon Prince as a great all around unit ( which may be played both offensively and defensively - counter attacking - and always have a chance to come out on top of the situation due to High I and WT ).

Archived