terminators

72challenger

I run 4 Termies, 1 with PF and IoCG and the rest with PW and Bolters.

It looks like nothing but they are my 4 men bodyguard for Abaddon who rides with them in there Land Raider.

They are just there to give Abaddon more wounds and take out the last one of the squad that is still standing then Abaddon is done with the rest of the squad ;)

I just keep them cheap as possible cause they are just a bodyguard that are taking wounds for Abaddon.

They are just there to give Abaddon more wounds and take out the last one of the squad that is still standing then Abaddon is done with the rest of the squad

why not zerkers. scoring , still good in hth and more wounds ?

You got a good point there mate and I might do it some day but I just like to keep it like the Heresy novels and let Abaddon roll with his Termies.

But like you suggested Zerkers are a really nice alternative :D

Keeping with fluff is cool, but don't get upset when Abby gets cut down in a sweeping advance after a leadership is failed.

When I run Abby I run him with Plague marines.

As for termies, all I use them for is termicide. Another alternative wold be to run 4 terminators with a terminator lord or 5 terminators all having dual Lightning claws, all being champions, and either MoK or MoS to wipe almost everything out before it swings. The down side is this unit is expensive.

there is a whole story with abby leading a mob of zerkers and beating up BAs and their assault squads couldnt get the bodies back[no geneseed]. so very fluffy.

Really? Where is it, I haven't read that yet, it would be interesting.

Ok just seems to me that say a group of 6 with a heavy flammer and a pf or chainfist could drop down on a icon where needed say and stay for a while in the masses. The twin linked bolter seems to be better than a storm bolter with the re-rolls and pw are always good strike frist compared to the layalist termies. thanks for the feedback

Keeping with fluff is cool, but don't get upset when Abby gets cut down in a sweeping advance after a leadership is failed.

When I run Abby I run him with Plague marines.

As for termies, all I use them for is termicide. Another alternative wold be to run 4 terminators with a terminator lord or 5 terminators all having dual Lightning claws, all being champions, and either MoK or MoS to wipe almost everything out before it swings. The down side is this unit is expensive.

That I why I gave his squad an IoCG so I can reroll.

But if you lose combat that bad with Abaddon I am probably doing something wrong anyway :D

I don't run stock Terminators because combi-weapons are dirt cheap.

5 Terminators, 4x combi-plasma, reaper autocannon - 195pts

I drop these guys behind armour (only need to be 12" to rapid fire rear armour, so less dangerous than DSing meltas) or a nasty enemy unit and unload 8 plasma shots into them. Armour 10 or T5 or less units are pretty much finished unless the dice really hate me. The autocannon is fantastic because it means if they annihilate a target that's far away from the bulk of the battle they have something to shoot while moving up. And then the enemy has to put a fair bit of firepower into killing them, taking the heat off my scoring units. This is easily my favourite unit in my list, they're just fantastic.

Ok just seems to me that say a group of 6 with a heavy flammer and a pf or chainfist could drop down on a icon where needed say and stay for a while in the masses. The twin linked bolter seems to be better than a storm bolter with the re-rolls and pw are always good strike frist compared to the layalist termies. thanks for the feedback

This is true. A medium sized squad of 5-7 Terminators makes for a good anchor or mobile backup unit. They're not a total pushover and they aren't a huge point sink.

While they are cheaper then Loyalist versions, they have a few disadvantages, namely they aren't Relentless so you can't move/fire out to 24" with the TL Bolter. Within 12" though you are right, it is more firepower.

With this kind of squad, you really want to take IoCG. You're investing a fair amount of points in it so keeping them from running is important.

With 6 guys I'd take a Power Fist and Chain Fist. That helps cover anti-tank/MC and still gives you 4 PWs to keep the squad cheaper.

One thing to remember, a single Flamer shot (3 hits) will be the same as 8 TL Bolter shots against Marines so don't be afraid to take a Combi-Weapon or 3. They are cheap enough that you won't be hurting for points.

I take a unit of 7-9 termies to accompany my chaos lord in bigger battles (1.5k plus). I like to keep them cheap (they are good enough as they are, much better than loyalist termies!) I do like to take a few combi meltas in case of tanks or MC though plus as many reaper autocannon as possible!

The story about abaddon killing the BA is either in his index astartes article or in one of the older chaos codexes (it was on mackan, i think and it was BA devastators on a hill)

Archived