Obliterators & dawn of war...

Bodacious2182

When I use my obliterators in the other two deployment type they are either in cover or will move there as soon as I can possibly get them there.

When the dawn of war deployment type shows up getting into cover can be tough thanks to slow and purposeful. While on the subject, what would happen to a squad of oblits if a double 1 was rolled for slow and purposeful while moving on to the board?

Is deep striking all of the oblits the best course of action in this case? That method is questionable considering the risks, especially without the use of icons. Not having their firepower to bing to bear in the first turn can be a pain, too.

i often deploy them in the first turn... but i think that if you roll double 1 for SaP, they can be deployed... maybe i mistake, but i hope is not so..

If you role double 1 for SaP, you still get to deploy them. I much rather prefer deep striking them onto the table, but then I have icons all over the table.

All my squads have icons, and they are all in rhinos. So by the time the oblits arrive I've got guys half way across the board so I have plenty of options for where to DS my oblits. I guess I would walk them on the board if there was something at the eedge of the board(a bunker for instance).

Archived