Open topped vehicles

hyjacked

If there are 20 ork shoota boys in an open topped battle wagon, are all of them allowed to shoot no matter how far the wagon has moved? Or only a certain amount, or none at all? Another question i have would be if i moved the orks 12inches in the battle wagon, could i disembark, shoot, then assault? Hope this makes sense, advice is much appreciated!

How does Red Ones Go Fasta! interact with these rules? Is the extra 1" bonus movement that isn't factored into firing rules, or do you still have to stop at 6" to fire out (as opposed to 7")? Can you disembark, shoot, assault after a 13" move from ROGF?

Red Paint Job means that Ork vehicles add 1 inch to their movement without penalties for the extra inch. The example given in the Ork Codex (pg 93) is moving 13" and only counting as moving 12". So Koremu is exactly right.

Move 12", no firing out (even if the vehicle is fast)

And yes, you can disembark after moving 12", shoot and then assault

That's always seemed like one of the more counter-intuitive parts of the rules to me; if you can move 12" then disembark and shoot, it seems like your embarked infantry should still be able to shoot as well.

Move 12", no firing out (even if the vehicle is fast)

And yes, you can disembark after moving 12", shoot and then assault

That's always seemed like one of the more counter-intuitive parts of the rules to me; if you can move 12" then disembark and shoot, it seems like your embarked infantry should still be able to shoot as well.

I'll agree that the Fast Vehicle rules could make a lot more sense, but that's the RAW.

I'll agree that the Fast Vehicle rules could make a lot more sense, but that's the RAW.

I think all vehicle rules could make a bit more sense. A Heavy Bolter makes sense as the main, non-Defensive Weapon on an Inquisitorial Chimera, but as a non-Defensive Weapon on a Land Raider?

And by RAW, you can move Flat Out and fire out of a vehicle. No one will be your friend if you try to pull this, but it is technically legal.

And by RAW, you can move Flat Out and fire out of a vehicle. No one will be your friend if you try to pull this, but it is technically legal.

no it is not.

Pg 66 "Models in a transport...May not fire at all if the vehicle has moved at cruising speed"

Pg 70 Fast vehicles travling Flat Out "is treated in all respects exactly the same as a non-fast vehicle moving at cruising speed (except were noted otherwise)"

no it is not.

Pg 66 "Models in a transport...May not fire at all if the vehicle has moved at cruising speed"

Pg 70 Fast vehicles travling Flat Out "is treated in all respects exactly the same as a non-fast vehicle moving at cruising speed (except were noted otherwise)"

Ah. I stand corrected. Why is it that I missed that rule on page 70?

I would say something about how Frosty is awesome for being able to remember all of these little rules that I forget, but I know that it would probably end up in his sig.

no it is not.

Ah. I stand corrected. Why is it that I missed that rule on page 70?

I would say something about how Frosty is awesome for being able to remember all of these little rules that I forget, but I know that it would probably end up in his sig.

It seems I have been well educated, thanks everyone!

Archived