Berzerkers with Iron warriors

ninjabat

Minigun put it well in another topic:

I think they'd have no problem with it, especially since they seem to have the closest connection to Khorne and Berzerkers of all the Cult troops.

Most people point to the Berzerker squads from Storm of Iron as evidence for this

Your exactly right... there is nothing in the Chaos 'Dex that prevent you from doing this. I don't collect Iron Warriors, however... if I remember right..., they used to take Berzerkers in the fluff and even had an option to do this in an older 'Dex.

I could be wrong though, hopefully some of the Vet. Iron Warrior Commanders can help clarify it a bit more.

Grim

To be honest, the IW had 0-1 'zerkers in the 3e codex. That was also about the time Storm of Iron was being written, when the IW were the only Chaos armies with ordinance weapons- which made them really popular. Then in the 4e codex, they got changed to remove the cult connection.

Actually giles, I think the removal had less to do with fluff than with the IW already having too many special rules. The 3.5 dex was cowritten by Pete Haines who was a confirmed Iron Warrior fanboy and who also wrote the IW IA. As I understand it, his original draft of the codex actually had a lot more special things for the IW, but as they were already the legion that could take 9 oblits and 4 ordnance weapons, some of it was trimmed. The berzerkers were part of this trimming as having the IW as also the only non-BL undivided legion to be able to take cult troops would just be too over the top.

I actually think that the jeske knows more about this than I do as he is pretty in the know as to GW's goings on as he does codex translations for Eastern Europe or something along those lines. But anyway I really doubt that Haines retconned himself from the IA to the codex, it was a matter of game balance.

Archived