Scout Biker & Rhino

white radish

Durr, I left my memory card for my camera at home. So these first pics are from my web cam attached to this laptop.

(Bolter/HB Scouts & Razorback in background are not part of the LPC (mainly due to the amt of paint on the guys), but will likely be done by the end of the challenge)

A couple pics of the Scout Biker (mohawk head from Chaos Marauder Horsemen)

gallery_29535_4514_14533.jpg

gallery_29535_4514_14203.jpg

And here's a pic of my RT-era Rhino...

gallery_29535_4514_17012.jpg

It will have the hazard striping on the running boards, plus a Tactical arrow on the top hatches. It's not purely a paint job from any one era, I guess. The model itself has seen better days, and I've had to remove bits & repair bits here and there.

I'm debating what to do on the front plates. If I am confident in my freehand, I will try to paint ancient warriors in the style of Grecian urns.

Still kind of early, though. Needs a lot of work & I have some dirty Xenos models to finish first.

I cannot take credit for the sculpting of the head, but I do recommend the Marauder Horsemen heads for Scouts. They are more useful for wild/barbaric units, but there are a couple heads that can work with the Ultramarines, especially on Bikers.

Anyway, here are a couple more pics of my Rhino... I did the Tactical arrow, although it needs a little work.

gallery_29535_4514_6154.jpg

gallery_29535_4514_522.jpg

It looks crappier in real life ;)

I should have done more stripping & sanding of the old paint on it... maybe I will do so now before I get much further. There's a couple spots that are pretty ugly. Taking my time with the yellow bits, and then I will do some hazard striping.

Archived