Fallen?

Hi,

I see quite a few people running fallen Dark Angel armies and im just wondering-how do you paint them? Do you paint them DA green? or the original DA scheme of chaos black? How do you paint your chaos deathwing? Are they bone white? DA green? or black?

Do you use robes? Do you use cult troops? Basically, whats in your fallen dark angel army and what quirks do you give them?

Thanks!

I see quite a few people running fallen Dark Angel armies and im just wondering-how do you paint them? Do you paint them DA green? or the original DA scheme of chaos black?

Correct color would be black, but GW themselves sometimes make mistakes when it comes to the correct color scheme of obscure characters or chapters (such as Cypher, who is usually depicted wearing green armour, or the Ultramarines, who are often seen with golden trims and black weapons recently :) ).

How do you paint your chaos deathwing? Are they bone white? DA green? or black?

The "Deathwing" was formed after the rift between the loyalist Dark Angels and the Fallen, with the specific goal to hunt down evey last one of the fallen. Consequently the Fallen would not have a "Deathwing". They may have Terminators, though I have doubts whether the Dark Angels were leaving a lot of Terminators behind during the great crusade and were not taking all with them to battle.

I think Cpt Sicarius changed the trim of his company (2nd) to gold instead of yellow. I don't know where it's written but i seem to remember reading it.

Most people wanting to add flavor to their existing force are using deathwing rules for their DIY or CSM legion. I know there is some talk about such things as Nightwing, where the army consists of Night Lord terminators. I've seen Black Legion and Slaanesh too.

If you wanted to play Post heresy Fallen Angels with deathwing rules I would keep them black. Painting them white would start to confuse anyone following your fluff.

Don't be limited by what we already know or have read in the books too. I don't remember too many terminator suits in Fallen Angels (if any) but that doesn't mean they couldn't have stolen them or made a deal for some since that time. The nice thing about Fallen angels is that their history is even more vague than the Alpha legion's. Your creative freedom is virtually unhindered.

Black with red chapter symbol. There should be some fallen chpater symbols on the forum someplace, Maybe check the DA forum.

My fallen -

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa276/aeroplane_album/CypherSquad.jpg

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa276/aeroplane_album/DAFbanner.jpg

I like both the DA green as well as the black, this squad is all green, mostly because I wanted to paint them that way. Also, I didn't want to hide the fact that they are currently with chaos.

If I ever do an entire 2nd fallen squad, they will be modeled as old as I can make them, with lots of pre-heresy bits and armor.

I see the cruxi terminatus (?) have been removed, as well as the slogan "Virtus in Extremis" on the scroll, but that does not exactly make it "chaosy". (It just makes it look unfinished, kind of.) It is too small to make out more detail, but you may have tinkered with the halo and the symbol on the figures shield. It is still a very close reproduction of the "Standard of Fortitude", which I think is supposed to be a unique sacred banner. It looks more like he has just captured the banner by killing the Dark Angels standard bearer who was holding it (in 2nd Edition that was even possible in the game IIRC), rather than a distinct "fallen" standard.

Why does it have to be any one color? Just keep enough DA iconography to make it known who they are, and paint what you like. The idea of black & red never appealed to me... I already have my "uniform color marines" with my Ultras.

The Fallen were scattered when Caliban was destroyed, with some giving themselves over to Chaos. Just as there are the Dark Angels & their successors, your Fallen could easily be a splinter group with differing colors... or many different bands of Fallen coming together under one charismatic Lord or Sorceror.

F***, now I want to start a band of Fallen as well. I love the Dark Angel bits & I like the CSM bits, but I don't really like the Chaos-y chaos bits. This seems like a good way to use some cool bits that I never found a use for with my Ultras.

Archived