Converted Black Reach Dreadnought

pingo

Finally I painted the Dreadnought I converted from the Black Reach set (the unpainted version is in this thread).

He's got a twin-linked heavy flamer and heavy flamer on the power fist. I stole the fist from the Ironclad and cut the 'fingers' so it gripped the wall. Green stuff was used to create the battle damage on the banner and the exhaust vents are from the Empire Steamtank.

gallery_43446_4516_57208.jpg

gallery_43446_4516_4329.jpg

gallery_43446_4516_16837.jpg

gallery_43446_4516_36611.jpg

Hope you guys like! :)

At first I thought "whoa, that base is a bit too much" but on the second picture you can really see that the Dread is mashing through a building (with the foot breaking down the wall).

I like that you do not overdo the whole scribing thing. It actually looks like a little text on the leg and on the shoulders.

Though the entire model is extreemly well painted and well posed, I must say I love the banner the most. It looks like a real banner that has actually seen combat, shooting holes and the heat from the vents melting whatever material the banner is made from. Awesome. On top of this your hand writing is nice and readable.

Thanks so much for the comments!

I'm really pleased that what I was trying to achieve in the movement, banner, and so forth, has come across. I like to have each of my models tell a little story, or give across something of who they are, so it makes me very proud that I seem to have achieved this.

Brilliantly done, congrats. :tu: Is the AOBR dread the same size as the normal one? You have compelled me to buy one.

Yes, it is almost exactly the same. The only size difference I can remember is that the exhausts above the engine are shorter than the normal kit.

It's not a versatile as it's basically a front, a back, and two arms, but with some work you can have a lot of fun with it.

I think they're pretty cheap to buy, and you can use spare arms from the normal kit, so go for it! :)

Awesome work dude!

I used the flamestorm cannon as well for my Angels of Redemption Dread.

I either use it as a meltagun or an Inferno cannon, although sometimes my opponent is nice enough to let it function as a Flamestorm cannon!

Archived