looking for website that sells ammo magazines and drums

Crazy Eight

Perhaps not quite what you're looking for but...

40k Battlefield Accessories Kit

There's also a couple of chain feed ammo belts on the chaos sprues, the HB one springs to mind immediately - maybe a friend has a couple spare? Similarly the regular set of Ork Boyz comes with a few for the Big shoota's and I'm sure the Loota/Burna boyz box would have even more assorted gun pieces (might want to check that as I've not seen the sprues before).

Another idea would be to take a few legths of styrene rod or even chopped up paper clips and glue them together, once it's dried GS a thing stip along the middle - hiding the glue marks and taking the appearance of the "chain".

Try looking at Ork Boyz bitz (that last sentance was just so full of innuendo ;) ) I'm sure that there are a lot of spare mags and bulltes on the sprues. Some of the shootas come with drum magazines so it would be possible to do a simple conversion.

Heres a link to what I mean http://bitsandkits.co.uk/shop/category_76/...param=cid%3D%26

Hope that helps.

I have tried all the above my previous red scorpion army stern guard used those items . Im looking for more of a dual drum magazine type look

For the C-Mag look that you're talking about, your best route is going to be bits of plastic rod around the right diameter. Cut two segments, glue them to either side of a normal plastic boltgun magazine, then file the magazine down flush with the bits of rod. Any gaps can be filled with a teeny smidge of putty, or even with a bit of thin plasticard simply glued across the bottom. You can add detail to the sections of rod by taking a drill bit near their diameter and making a slight hollow, or using your pin vice to add the little dimple in the center of the drum. Several companies make a pretty wide variety of shapes of plastic rod (or tube), so you could experiment with, say, octagonal, instead of round, drums.

Archived