Legion Of The Damned Servitor WIP

The Damned

Here is a little WIP of the one I'm stuck on. There is still a long way to go. Unlike all of the other servitors, this one doesn't not carry a large barrel on his back. Instead, he is kind of the leader, so he has a make shift banner. I wanted the banner to look like it was originally tapestry from the Ultramarines chapter. It doesn't matter if its a rug, bed sheet or banner, it just needs to look like its scavenged and previously owned by the Ultramarines. I still need to paint some ultra-type designs on it, but I tried to gs some legion of the damned icons to make it look like they were crudely stitched on. Looking at it close the stitches on the skull and flames look more like worms to me. If anyone has any ideas of a better technique to model stitching, or an idea on how to better achieve goal I'm looking for with the banner would be great.

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm295/amorison/NEW%20Legion%20of%20the%20damned/1001261.jpg

On the back of the guy, you can see the two tanks that hold the fuel for the buzzsaw and flamer. I want to make it look like the glass is clear and you can see the liquid inside but I'm not sure of how to achieve his affect. Can anyone provide a pick of what I'm mentioning? Or, know of a technique?

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm295/amorison/NEW%20Legion%20of%20the%20damned/1001262.jpg

Any Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Clear tanks with liquid inside... Hmm.

Lucius in Codex CSM has tubes with combat drugs on his back, and they painted them as "clear". However, the tubes are pretty small.

A larger sized tank would be difficult to do with the same effect (white for empty space in the tube).

Paint the lower half in the color you want the liquid to be ( the line not being even ) do some highlights on it, and hardcoat it afterwards. That would be my best advice, might be a better way out there though..

Glad to see you haven't given up on these yet, I love the models in the old wip. I think the banner looks good, but unfortunately have very little advice on how to improve.

As for tubes, I copied a few examples below, sorry for the poor quality, but they have just been lifted and cropped quickly from codices. Main thing appears to make sure you hit it with plenty of gloss varnish when your done! Hope they help and I will keep my eye on this one.

gallery_40962_4522_9083.jpg

Cheers!

Hmm, thanks for the input. Looks like I'll just have tto keep working on the banner and hope that it turns out okay.

gallery_40962_4522_9083.jpg

It looks like the example on the far right, used black instead of white for the clear space. I might give that a try. One thing I thought of, was to make the tanks look like they are pretty full. That way, there wouldn't be to much white/black space. I should have enough time to give this a shoot once I get home after work. I'll post the results.

Thanks again

Archived