my first lpc challenge!

alloyslayer

They look blotchy because the primer was sprayed on too thick.

As you can see, all the paint you apply to it will only make the effect worse.

You do have a very clean painting style, so think your work could be really good if you strip them of paint and reprime them.

yeah i agree, its often better to do a lighter coat and spend the extra few minutes hand brushing the little missed areas..

I thought the pred would be difficult to paint well as it is much thicker than the dread, however taking into account the issues with the primer you did a good job on the blue.

im sure ill get a close up over the weekend :P

Errrrm they aren't the same models before and after... Are they meant to be? Also why are the bottom dates removed on the "after" photo's? Something fishy goin on here...

Indeed, the bannery bit that is meant to have the name is not on the pred before and the dred suddenly has a searchlight on the painted one. Perhaps this is because of not being able to paint it well when it is already on the model?

After all the pred has a dodgy track on both models :P so stop giving him a hard time.

It definately looks like the "before" shots are actually "after" shots - there is blue paint left in the recesses where the black primer hasn't reached. It would have been better if you had stripped the models before you re-primed them. Now the primer is way too thick and will ruin the overall look of the model.

Shame about that really.

The under-coated dread has a different sarcophagus plate, and icons glued onto it. Also the search light as pointed out.

The under-coated predator has a different hatch, and all the icons have been pulled off, leaving 'scars' behind. The tracks are on differently to the painted one.

The under-coated models are defiantly different to the painted models.

Archived