My first Plague Marine!

After weeks of anticipation, I finally painted my first plague marine. It was a bit daunting, and I thought I screwed up, but I think everything turned out alright in the end. It ended up looking almost like oxidized copper. Any comments or suggestions to point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/930/0128000148.jpg

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/7775/0128000150.jpg

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/7509/0128000151.jpg

I was wondering what you guys would suggest for painting Nurgley flesh, since I have only done armor. And speaking of Nurgleyness, the symbol on the shoulder pads seem a bit bland. Is there anything you would suggest to liven it up?

You're definately on the right track. I think it'll look fantastic if you paint its eyes red (to give it some interest and contrast the green) and make the metal bits pop a little more. Perhaps you should invest in some Tin Bitz, and then highlight by mixing Boltgun Metal into it. The warm brown metalics then, I think, would then further compliment the rotten green.

Plus some basing. :)

Keep it up!

Your coloring effect for your base color is very good, I like it. But it needs more contrast. Copper could be cool, with some green oxydation/patina going in in the corners. I don't know, but it is very monotone right now, which is taking away from the overall effect.

I really like this colour scheme, it looks like the PM has slowly built up layers of filth etc which to me seems more realistic - I doubt marines oozing pus and in suits of essentially living armour would sit down and paint their armour after 10,000 years.

I really like this colour scheme, it looks like the PM has slowly built up layers of filth etc which to me seems more realistic - I doubt marines oozing pus and in suits of essentially living armour would sit down and paint their armour after 10,000 years.

Thanks. I really liked the idea of keeping pre-heresy colors and just globbing washes over it as opposed to starting out with a green basecoat. I will definitely pick up some red, tin bitz, and maybe a red wash or two for the open wounds next time I am home. Unfortunately there isn't a GW or LGS anywhere near my campus. So I would paint the boltgun red, hit the exposed metal with tin bitz, maybe do a little highlighting on the CCW, and then wash it all? Oh yes and red for the eyes and sores. Paint the base, slap some pva glue on it and flock it, right? Sorry I ask so many questions, I just hate not really knowing what I am doing. ^_^

Sounds good, but I'm really not a fan of flock on bases. Especially for Nurgle stuff I think a better idea would be to cover it with sand, then paint it brown, et cetera. I don't know what colours you have to work with but Scorched Brown and Graveyard Earth are very handy for this. Later on down the line you could get some dead static grass and put some clumps of it on their if you wish.

Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived