Slyen's LPC WIP Thread

Slyen

So seeing as its wanted and I have no issues with posting it here is the first WIP post.

I finished putting together the tactical squad on day one, used some older parts but for the most part its using a tactical squad box I've had sitting around for the past few months. So here they are, they lack most of the weapons as I want to prime and paint them separately.

gallery_49726_4371_218383.jpg

gallery_49726_4371_336173.jpg

Next is the Sergeant for the assault squad. With them I am trying to have them fancy based a bit, so I went and found a few rocks. Well ok, grabbed a handful of random rocks and hope I found some good ones. So far that was about the only one. Rather than do the weapons separately, I plan on doing the jump packs as the weapons are pretty much a part of them on these ones.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e348/Slyen/Blog%20Pictures/SDC10428.jpg

Anyway... Any questions, comments, or criticism would be acceptable/helpful.

They look good, love to see some of the older bits mixed in... theres something about shoulder mounted heavy bolters that always make me smile.

One thing I would suggest is to be more careful removing some parts (especially shoulder pads) from the sprue. I make the same mistake sometimes and kick myself everytime I see those little "holes" on the trim. Look forward to seeing them painted :)

• 1 month later...

So its been a while, and hopefully the I'll be able to get them all painted up this weekend or otherwise in time. Weather was bad enough here that I wasn't able to get them primed finally until last weekend or so. Just wanting to post up my test marine. The first picture makes him lighter than he really is so I'm not totally satisfied with the wash. I used Devlin Mud but I'm thinking of going the Sepia instead (Gryphonne was it?). Tell me what you think.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e348/Slyen/Blog%20Pictures/SDC10696.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e348/Slyen/Blog%20Pictures/SDC10697.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well with only a few days to go I'm working quicker than I'd like.

Got a good chunk of the marines base coated and I am currently working on finishing them. Basically its a combat squad and one of the two SGTs that have been base coated.

Here is a picture... also one of the finished test mini.

gallery_49726_4371_949945.jpg

gallery_49726_4371_1712303.jpg

They do look a bit like bone marines that have been fighting in mud for a few weeks, and the green looks a little flat, try and get some highlights and deeper shading on the chest eagle. I like the scheme in principle though :D

Archived