evil chaplain?

:) Vague fluff states that most legions killed their chaplains during the Heresy. The word bearers are obviously the main exception here, however they aren't the only ones who may still have chaplains in their ranks.

The arguement is that chaplains would not give up the emperors light and thus were killed for their inability to turn. Why then did chaplain charmosian, of the emperors children, turn from the emperors light and side with the traitors during Istvaan?

A chaplain is just a spiritual leader. If your legion or warband follows a particular god then they must have faith in it. Faith = chaplain

If one chaplain can turn, and there's your proof, then so can others. You have creative freedom for a dark chaplain anywhere you want.

I could see the BL having chaplins now, it has been 10,000 years. Individual Bl armies vary greatly from one another, and their chaos lord is the only real arbiter of their make up. If one of those lords starts acting like and calling himself a dark chaplin, who's to stop him ??

Personaly I think the red corsairs would have an "evil chaplain". My reason for this is if you read the double-page spread in the new Chaos Codex - the 'Wolf of Fenris' story The Red Corsairs former Chief Apothecary, (aka The Corpsemaster) and Armanneus Valthex,techmarine are both mentioned so why not a evil chaplain. maybe you could do a counts as Khârn /just an idea.?

Don't forget WB offshoots, such as the Apostles of Minthras or the Disciples of Destruction. And I am sure there have been other chapters/companies that have been led down the road to chaos by a corrupted chaplain. It is how the WB became chaos after all.....

Archived