Night Lords...Lord

Seregon

After doing absolutely nothing game-related for ages, I was informed that our local hobby store would host an "Arena of Death" about three weeks after that date. I decided that this would be an optimal time for me to actually go ahead and create the HQ I've been and will be using in most of my battles. The Arena takes place tomorrow at noon, so I finished just in time to get some matt varnish on him in a bit.

As a side note, three weeks from concept to done is pretty much light speed for me who have had a 3000+ pts Tau army for 9 years, painting about 2 squads of fire warriors and about 1 squad of CSM almost done in the 3+(?) years I've had my chaos force.

Thus I present to you:

<name pending>

Chaos Lord with Mark of Slaanesh, Demonweapon and plasma pistol.

gallery_25173_2196_61309.jpg

gallery_25173_2196_2167.jpg

gallery_25173_2196_26299.jpg

gallery_25173_2196_30917.jpg

C&C more than welcome.

The arena went pretty well. Killed three opponents (Canis Wolfborn, a Tau commander and a Screamer-Killer) and found myself alone on the board but for The Prophet's Demon Prince...who promptly killed me with his Bolt of Tzeentch.

Above all, it was alot of fun. Especially when a friend, playing a gretchin, indirectly did 2 wounds to another Chaos Lord (plasma pistol overheat and demon weapon kickback) and 1 wound directly to a fully kitted Lord of Change.

The paint job is good. The pose is about as static as they come, especially for a guy with a jump pack. And nightlords do not serve the chaos gods, and so technically shouldn't have marks/icons other than undivided.

I'm guessing you haven't seen this old (first?) Night Lord imagery from the Slaves to Darkness-book? Don't put too much trust into the 3,5th Ed Chaos Space Marines Codex, it was really lacklustre in its way of depicting the four Legions not dedicated to a single god.

med_gallery_18697_580_198436.jpg

Great model by the way Seregon! The lightning is particulary good.

Archived