Sorry for the noob-ness of this....

wheelballer

Hey. So my buddy and I always get into the same argument about how feel no pain works.

I know about all the things that negate the FNP save like AP 1, 2, power weapons, and instant death. But my question is that with a model like Sicarius (my bud plays smurfs) can he use his FNP against all unsaved wounds he suffers? My buddy thinks that if he fails like 3 wounds he can FNP against all 3. But I thought I remember hearing/reading somewhere that FNP only works against the "first" unsaved wound...

Can some vets please help me clarify this rule for me and my buddy? I personally don't fell that this is a noob question but I'm sure people will disagree with me on that. So thanks in advance for all the responses.

--DA Crip

FNP can be used against every unsaved wound a model suffers. However, some rare weapons might inflict the loss of multiple wounds on a failed save (Tyranid implant attacks used to inflict two wounds for each failed save, but not anymore). In such a case, the model could only use FNP against the initial caused wound, which the armour save failed to protect against. If the model passes FNP, then it will not suffer any wound at all, but if that one test failed, the weapon will have it's effect and the model now loses two wounds (or how many the weapon is causing).

Legatus has it right, although i see your avatar is a Dark angel.. in which case its worth pointing out that DA apothecaries work differently to codex marines apoths.

DA FNP ignores the first unsaved wound and only one per turn in that unit.

Legatus has it right, although i see your avatar is a Dark angel.. in which case its worth pointing out that DA apothecaries work differently to codex marines apoths.

DA FNP ignores the first unsaved wound and only one per turn in that unit.

Not quite, it is not the first wound from a failed save but is only one wound per turn.

Dark Angels have an Apothecary but not FNP.

Also only ID or a weapon in CC that disallows saves stops it , so yes you can save plasma wounds.

FNP is used after the initial armour save/invulnerable save/cover save is failed, so, yes. FNP is allways used in addition to the regular save (of which a model can only use one, of course). BUT having an invulnerable save still does not allow the model to use FNP against power weapons or AP1 or AP2 weapons. Those wounds do not allow FNP, and having an invulnerable save against those wounds does not change that.

Archived