Terminators...

Aveross

Well since I'm gonna buy soon termi squad I ask what to give them so they will be able to do something more than termicide. I was thinking about equiping them like that:

Chainfist+Combi-melta

CF/PF+Combi-melta

ReaperAC+PowerWeapon

PowerWeapon+Combi-melta/plasma

LC(pair)

...so did I do this right ?

Not like the codex changes, but the chaos forum won't move at all if old topics aren't re-discussed if it's just a forum log to just search through.

I would suggest the chainfist be located on the heavy weapon gunner of the unit (Heavy flamer or Reaper termi gets the chainfist) so that you can have one model survive if most of the squad died, and keep hitting hard in both shooting and melee. While combi-weapons are one use wonders.

I dont like the Reaper, it looks awesome but its meant for light vehicle busting while your other termies are made for infantry busting (excluding combi-meltas) also the Reaper is very expenisve.

The heavy flamer on the other hand is really cheap and great when deep striking off your icons into the thick of it. All in all I prefer:

5 Terminators @ 180

- Chainfist & Heavy Flamer

- x2 Combi-Meltas

This unit is pretty cheap, and very mutli-purpose. When I use termies im using them to augment my CSMs on the front line. No matter what I need help with these guys can help.

I

They would be good if they cost 10 points but for their current price I'd rather grab a combi-weapon or a Heavy Flamer (more wounds in many cases) OR leave the model with stock weapons, regardless of the squad's role.

If I want long range anti-skimmer/infantry weapons that are reasonably costed I'll get Obliterators, a Dakka pred or even a 6 man Havoc Squad with 2-3 AC's.

Reapers are great rino killers, but they are just too expensive, and you have to take a full 10 termi's to get a second one (unless you use 2 elites slots). They should A - be cheaper, or B - be allowed 2 in a 6 or 8 man squad. Then they would see more use.

When a 2 reaper starts at 340 pts (that's without the combiweops, PF, etc you would give a squad that big), it really doesn't matter how many rinos they kill, they are going to have to do something else that is spectacular to make their pts back. And they certainly can't stand against a squad of SS/TH loyalist termi's.

The flip side is you can get a Reapercide unit for just 10 points more then your typical Termicide squad and while it won't do anything against AV14, it does give you a more lasting presence on the battlefield and some extra range. You don't have to deepstrike it either, nothing wrong with walking it alongside your Oblits and having them work together.

Archived