Monolith Deep Striking

gettothegone

I'm looking for some clarification....

I had a Necron player argue with me today that my immobile drop pods would move out of the way if the monolith landed on the pods.... which are immobile..

Would these not be impassible for tanks? Or because of the wording the models would actually.. move.

Thoughts?

I'm not too sure on the rules for monoliths, but once drop pods land they don't move. They become stationary guns with their AV. So if anything were too move int he case of deep striking in a monolith it would be the monolith and not the pod. But as I said there may be some crazy rule for monoliths. I would get the necron player to show you in his codex where it is if there is a rule.

Sorry for the threadomancy (and being slightly off-topic), but am I correct in thinking that Deep Striking Monoliths cannot shoot? This arises mainly as a result of the Power Matrix rules, which appear to suggest it can be used in any circumstance.

There's a lot of argu---err...discussion about that (almost as much as with Melta Bombs). Unfortunately the codex is worded poorly (too generally, and without allowing for the possiblity that the PW might not be able to fire) and people tend to get hung up (understandably but, IMO, incorrectly) on the whole "combat speed" issue.

I am of the opinion (others disagree) that the Monolith should be allowed to fire the Particle Whip as the rules governing it don't allow for the possibility of different speeds or other rules: if it moves, you are still allowed to fire the PW.

As always, talk it over with your opponent and find out which way he's leaning. If you can't reach an agreement, dice for it.

Rule as written a Monolith can always fire its weapons regardless of how far it has moved or has been shaken/stunned. It is not really an issue of being poorly worded just it is out of date.

The gauss flux may not be used the turn it arives, it has no special rules that would allow it to be used at cruising speed. The Power matrix however says it may be used even if the monolith moves. As there is no limit placed on that movement it would aply to all movement, thus the power matrix may be used the turn it arives via deep strike. The power matrix is what allows for the partical whip attack.

in the spirit of that, il post an awesome picture ive found online :P (courtesy of someone called ironshrinemaiden)

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/epic/ironshrinemaiden/Push_Dread__Recieve_Bacon_by_IronShrineMaiden.jpg

so an IMMOBILE vehicles MOVES because a gigantic other pyramid shaped vehicle lands on it? :P gotta love 40k and its antics :P

Fearless units cannot run away from an immobilized Walker either. The game is fun like that.

Archived