Deathwing Standard Bearer

Tomevans

Hey all, this is my finished DW Standard Bearer I have entered into the Golden Bolter. I have put more pics up in the DA subsection but I wanted to put it up here as well so a wider audience could c and c it. All opinions and advice welcome. If you want to see more pics head to my thread in the DA forum.

http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/5854/079ca.jpg

The problem around here, Tom, is that anything beyond dry brushing and a few highlights will push you towards the "we hate you" crowd. Its like walking into a blue jeans Bar wearing an Armani suit...

Anyways I think you did a very good job. The bleach bone with brown contrasts looks nice. The PJ itself looks clean. I really like the freehand on the banner. Are you going to add terrain?

;)

The problem around here, Tom, is that anything beyond dry brushing and a few highlights will push you towards the "we hate you" crowd. Its like walking into a blue jeans Bar wearing an Armani suit...

Anyways I think you did a very good job. The bleach bone with brown contrasts looks nice. The PJ itself looks clean. I really like the freehand on the banner. Are you going to add terrain?

:blush:

Thank you for the praise mate. The brown undercoat is actually a Flesh Wash wash over Iyanden Darksun, I feel it adds great depth to the model. The banner took ages so I am glad you all seem to like it and as for terrain, I base all my DA's with painted sand, static grass and a liberal snow paste made up of GW snow flock and PVA glue, with some loose snow flock spinkled over the drying paste. I am planning to do a display base for my command squad when all the models are done and I think the snow flock will look quite striking. The contrast works especially nicely with the green marines and the white snow and I want my DW to tie in nicely with my "Greenwing" marines.

Archived