A single Space Marine in custom scheme

Ole

That's great. TMNT marines.

Ok, to start off with, your painting is quite good. You have very clean details and a good sense of composition balance. Also, your highlights blend into the base color pretty well.

But you wanted criticism. Things that you can do to bring your painting up a notch. Well, then:

Your highlights aren't extremely bright. I think you did this so that the transition between the highlighted layer and base layer could appear very smooth. I challenge you to keep that smoothness, and highlight up way brighter. Just add in more layers of highlights in intermediate colors and try and create a smooth transition between your lower layer and higher ones. That, I think, is the step you need to take to take your painting to the next level.

I think the easiest way to achieve the effect I'm talking about is to paint several highlight layers. The more that you can fit into the small spaces, the better.

Sorry for not updating, I've had a sore throat and a grim cold.

Yeah, I know he's a bit Donatello.. If he had darker skin.

I'm actually making a 4-man squad where they're all painted as Turtles. The old school ones.

Cookie for the OP it is. The TNMT scheme is not that bad actually, the colors contrast nicely with each other and don't clash, so they should look good.

Archived