Possessed Wraithlord = Daemon Prince?

minigun762

This idea just kinda hit me. What about taking a Wraithlord and turning it into a DP ? (Slaaneshi seems the most fitting)

Seems like a thoroughly evil and mocking thing to do to the poor Eldar. Now sure about how to do Wings on it though.

I agree with Chillin. With the exception of those few great painters who make the head piece into a work of art so amazing that you forget it has arms and legs. It looks like a decorative egg on pillars. But I guess a warmachine shouldn't look like a decorative egg on pillars either ;) .

Like these.

http://www.dakkadakka.com/s/i/at/2009/11/5...7991.jpg__thumb

http://www.coolminiornot.com/index/whatm/GW/id/178118

http://www.coolminiornot.com/index/whatm/GW/id/100338

http://www.coolminiornot.com/index/whatm/GW/id/229578

Fluff Perspective

A possesed wraithlord is plausible, provided the inhabitant spirit stone has either been removed or destroyed. Eldar do not fall to Chaos per se, because as soon as they give in to the Dark Powers, Slaanesh has a soul barbecue, and eats them up. Therefore, whilst they may fall, they cannot survive long enough to be noticeable. A daemon could in theory possess the shell of a Wraithlord. In fact, a Lucius-type screaming face on the sarcophagus would be very cool, as the daemon within tortures the soul-pilot for all eternity.

On a similar note, I remember a similar thing in Codex: Chaos Daemons about a daemon that possessed a dormant-ish avatar: Heartslayer

On a similar note, I remember a similar thing in Codex: Chaos Daemons about a daemon that possessed a dormant-ish avatar: Heartslayer

I think if you can justify taking over an Avatar which is literally a part of their fallen god, you could easily have a Wraithlord's shell taken over.

On the fluffy side of eldar not falling, what about Ahra? Is he not a Khornate scorpion?

I think he is the master of the Incubi but who knows... Some would describe all of the dark eldar as fallen. It's more that when the eldar lose their soul either from it being drained (?) which is why the Dark Eldar replenish their souls...(?, although people have different interpretations of this, if they are actually doing that or just trying to placate she who thirsts)... and spirit stones and the infinity circuit act as prisons for the cells of eldar... which the they find preferable to death (before the birth of slaanesh eldar were immortal, they could die but their souls would be reborn).

Yer I don't get The possessing of the Avatar... it's like a daemon possessing a possessed... and if I'm honest I would think that a splinter of Khaine would still be more powerful than a some random daemon :S

On the fluffy side of eldar not falling, what about Ahra? Is he not a Khornate scorpion?

I think he is the master of the Incubi but who knows...

From a topic concerning Ahra,

At the back of C:DE you'll find a story that points toward Arhra becoming the father of the Incubi.

What about having it be a dreadnought, and the csm guys couldn't get the lances and stuff to work so they threw some dread weapons on?

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe that Wraithlords are equipped to handle a living, flesh/blood pilot in the same way as a Dreadnought is. Instead they contain the spirit of a fallen warrior, through his Spiritstone.

So hotwiring a Wraithlord to hold a dying Marine seems unlikely whereas using a daemonic presence to replace/corrupt the host spirit is much more feasible.

Well, I didn't mean putting a marine in like a dread, but having maybe the soul inside corrupted somehow, maybe a deamon talks to the soul or something. Use the dreadnought rules if you don't have room for another hq. Or maybe have a daemon "spirit seer" that it sees and noone else can, so it follows the seers orders?

Eldar do not fall to Chaos per se, because as soon as they give in to the Dark Powers, Slaanesh has a soul barbecue, and eats them up.

eldar, the other white meat :)

back on topic:

i like the idea very much, i sugest giving it al lot of chains and juwelry, as if it's convised he's stil alive, a pair of big angelic-like wings and your good to go!

I love the idea! Just do me a favour. Post a photo of an eldar players face when he sees what you have done! It should be priceless!

Nah I as both an Eldar and Chaos player would like it actually :)

Sounds like a nice idea to me.

I own 2 wraithlords (the new ones) and love the models! So much that I'm buying another one to run 3 of them, but that on a sidenote.

Archived