Venerable dred WIP [LPC]

Rigth my WIP is in the DA forum link in my Sig

however despite 200+ views I've had 7 replys so I'm posting here for more opinion

so far I have this done

gallery_11377_4528_1507305.jpg

gallery_11377_4528_724912.jpg

gallery_11377_4528_135953.jpg

gallery_11377_4528_271770.jpg

most of the ground work is done now its mainly fine tuning

light drybrush of bleached bone on the bone maybe a dusting of white

Beyond that I'm a little stuck on what to do as my painting abillity is somewhat limited and I don't want to over reach myself (on a side note I have never been able to crack high lighting in 17 years of painting I always mess it up :cuss )

so brothers any sugestions?

Looks good to me. I think you've done a great job with the wings on the front. The only two things I can think of are perhaps try to break up the green on the left shoulder and darken the eye holes of the skull.

Good luck with the rest of the LPC.

Yeah I would whack somed devlan mud or something into the recesses on the wings just to increase the depth. You say you haven't been able to crack highlighting, but have you tried just trying a really extreme edge highlight on the green armour, just to make it pop? Far easier than trying smooth highlighting, and it can be very effective!

Replies tend to take a while and a few hundred views ^_^

I'd say highlight the wings up a bit more, the skull is fine the way it is since you want the "bone" texture too it. I would darken up the eyesockets for effect though. But the wings to me would pop up a lot more if got the edges closer to white, since the overall ´figg is black. Yay contrasts!

The green could use a highlight or two to make it stand out. Other than that my friend it's a good solid paintjob :D

Cheers!

Thanks I wanted it to basically look like a walking Reliquary and a well used one at that

to my mind Ven Dreds have seen thousands of battles and the little bits add up

going to start the DA Dred tomorrow whos colours will mirror the wings updates as it happens

Cheers

GMD

Archived