Fabius Bile - Fluff

Prokrustes

I am contemplating to create an army based around Fabius Bile, story and game wise. I do like him, the looks, the story, etc. and the fact that he can actually modify my troops.

Now I have been wondering, if there is more fluff for him than the 1 page in the codex? I checked the Chaos Fluff sticky and wanted to ask if anybody can tell me if it is worth my while to buy "Blood of Angels" for infos on Bile? What is he up to? Just sitting on his crone world and experimenting all day? Does he have an army or a loyal gang of slave hunters and bodyguards? I mean he must receive fresh materials from somewhere? Has he already been there in 2nd edition and if yes any new or different fluff? Kinda wierd that GW didnt create a legion with a knack for science...

Well Im pretty glad for any info on Bile you can give me. Thanks in advance for any info.

Hey, not sure if I can help you that much, but heres a go at it.

Blood of angels if the ba book right (I forget titles a lot but ahve read that series) If it is then I wouldn't say its worth it for fluff on Bile, as he's not really a key char. (however its worth a read as a entire series). Bile had fluff in the old 3.5 dex, i'm pretty sure he'd have more in older ones as well if you can get hold of em (cheap ebay or old book shop could have em). Also some others with a wider knowledge and collection of white dwarfs could help you with the article on him (I think its roughly mid 250's although could be waaay off).

As for his army, well I dont think its ever gone into great depth, but there have been mentions of a loyal guard, and we can assume he has servants aplenty. As for armies he will fight with any warband as he's a merc who sells his aid and research for a price of further research, knowledge and genetic material. This means you could have any warband you wish with him fighting along side them, possibly with a entourage(sp?) of followers who are heavily mutated (possessed maybe?).

I know its not overly useful but may point you in right direction.

Cheers

There was an article on Fabius Bile in White Dwarf a year or so ago. It mentioned his various efforts to reduce the degradation of CSM, moves to make sure that of 10,000 supplicants, only one makes it to become a fully fledged CSM and something on daemonwombs.

yes and he did a lot of experiments to counter some of the "traits" legion guys have , for example the NL psychotic thing goes away when they have a space wolf organ transplanted [dont ask which I dont remember] . As fluff goes he went away from EC post the legion war in the eye , all legions "buy" new marines from him and for that he gets test subjects and geen seed and organs from both legion and loyalists. He is also one of the few people who can still turn non teens in to space marines [pre heresy tech] .

Well first of, thank you all for your kind help!!!

Now, after spending by far too much time on this, I thought Ill share what Ive found:

As you have mentioned Fabius Bile has its on WD articles (same article but I think printed at least twice) in U.S. WD 200

or in the Heroes&Villains Special from WD. States pretty much the same background as on lexicanum or in the codex, except

for 1 page where his giant demon womb monster is mentioned and his experiments with the space wolves etc. He features also

in the 3.0 and 3.5 ed. csm codex with the same fluff as now pretty much. He is mentioned at least by a quote of his in Realms of Chaos:

Slaves to Darkness. He seems to be genuinely interested in his experiments and there is no sign of any chaos dedication at all (not even undivided).

So..as far as he Bile is concerned it seems that he sits on his crone world and is experimenting on all sorts of stuff until the new generation of csm is

born from this daemon womb thing. Namely experimenting on making his new man, his chirugeon and studying the geneseed and trying to correct any flaws.

Furthermore he seems to have a private army of whatever size, which he calls his "Praetorians".

Does he feature in "Fulgrim"?

Archived