Destroy the Death Guard? Just use Cadians....

The 13th Goat

Ok so I just finished this book last night and I have to say it was awesome. It was a ballsy move putting someone like Typhus in there but it worked.

I think the killing of DG by the guard was about right, a few isolated traitor marines that died to a butt load of guard and a Kasrkin finishing off a dyinf Dread which isn't off the books as gameplay mechanics would be too complex to cover stuff like that. It's the Raven Guard that got me. There was about 100 of them if I remember correctly and they attack 300 and Tyhpus (3 to 1 ratio) and manage to kill half, so 150 DG before they die themselves. Apparently they got jumped. Now I play a lot of DG and to be honest it's pretty rare that lose DG to marines like that in combat but it's not unheard of. I guess it was just one of those days when a lot of FNP rolls got failed.

Either way I hope I see Thade again.

Now I play a lot of DG and to be honest it's pretty rare that lose DG to marines like that in combat but it's not unheard of. I guess it was just one of those days when a lot of FNP rolls got failed.

Because the tabletop is just so representative of fluff right? :ph34r: Hey I once lost 5 terminators charging into a guard squad due to some truly abysmal rolls, but I bet if a BL author wrote about how a Chaos Marine terminator squad was clubbed to death by 10 guardsmen people would blow a gasket about it being "unrealistic" which I guess is true as Chaos Terminators are eons-old walking tanks and guardsmen are just people with industrial strength lighting equipment.

I haven't read a BL book in at least a year, but this NL book you all mentioned has me intrigued, I didn't really like Lord of the Night due to the whiny protagonist and ridiculous plot about an amnesiac emo marine looking for his hat with some kind of half baked pseudo-romance angle involving a female inquisitor. That said I think the legion has a lot of potential for a truly fun read in the vein of Legion or Horus Rising so here's hoping ADB can pull it off.

...I hate playing Chaos sometimes. Makes me want to expand my library of Chaos Novels even more. And even though this is guard, it has Death Guard..and after re-reading (for the 5th time) Flight of the Eisenstein, I just want to start a DG army now for kicks.

So gotta get Soul Hunter when I get money, I need my terror. Ave Dominus Nox!

On the Raven Guard...its the Raven Guard. One squad takes out WAAAAGHS! So, that isn't surprising but I haven't read the book yet so I might just be blowing smoke so Off to the Bookstore.

Archived