Attacking a bastion

Hfran Morkai

Well I was running through my Planetstrike lists and came across something that I want some clarification on.

Say I have a pack of SW Terminators arrive near the bastion.

The pack is armed with three combi-meltas, a combi-flamer and a heavy flamer.

I can shoot the bastion with my flame weapons, causing d6 hits on the unit contained within, then I can attack the bastion with my combi-meltas, is this allowed?

Also I guess if I were to do it the other way round and pop the bastion with a combi-melta that I couldn't flame the unit that emerges, as this seems to break rules for resolving shooting.

Cheers!

I'm sad to say that I'm pretty sure you can't do this. The bastion functions like a transport and so you can't target the units inside. Flamers are a noted exception to this, but to use the flamer in this way you still have to target the unit inside...and you can't target both the embarked unit and the bastion. One or the other.

You could pop the bastion then charge the guys that were inside though.

I think you might be wrong, thade. I does not say you target the unit in the building, it just says that if a temple falls on a fire port the unit inside also take d6 hits, in addition to the building taking one hit as normal. p80 LRB.

So you can shoot the building and still hit the units hiding in side witht he templates.

Archived