Help me choose a pose for my Devastator Sergeant

tahrikmili

I can't decide between the two poses. Please note that for the second pose the Sergeant will hold a Bolter with a scope NOT a Bolt Pistol, and hold a frag grenade biting its pin off in his other hand. I just didn't want to take a knife to the bit until I was sure. Also, I may have the scaped Bolter pointing down instead.

Also, suggestions beyond these two are also welcome, I have many bits I can use :)

gallery_14285_3827_58458.jpg

gallery_14285_3827_95563.jpg

I like the idea for the second pose. Right now it looks like he's eating Pez, though. Give him a grenade! ;)

The walkie talkie idea might work better with one of the biker/assault squad helmets with an antenna, and two fingers on the ear or something like that.

I agree with the masses about pose 2, the 1st is cool, but has been done again and again.

Id say also turn him a little sideways by twisting his torso slightly to his left, so that his grenade arm is "behind him". I think that would look more like he is trying to get a far throw ( look at a baseball pitcher, they don't stand with their chest straight facing forward, or just simulate throwing something yourself to get a feel about the movement/pose ).

Give him the grenade hand, and make sire to paint the grenade in a color so that it sticks out a lot, and it would be awesome I think.

And as for the serg never shoting I agree, but devs do some heavy firefights inside cities as well, where a grenade through a close-by window can be very usefull indeeed :(

"Sniper 2 o'clock sergeant!"

*Pulls pin, toss*

BOOM

"Not any more..."

Let us know how it turns out.

Cheers!

I vote for #2 :(

(IMHO though it looks like he's talking to a walkie-talkie instead of puling a grenade's pin... I understand it isnt a grenade-holding hand... what if the arm's a bit higher so as he's not obstructed by his gorget?)

i dont like the idea of pulling the safty pin of a grenade with youre teeth just because its done in movies and not in real life, But then again thats why its done in real life, it looks cool. So, i guess i would go with two, But you gota do something with that pistol, It just doesnt seem to fit, if he could shoot his target, he wouldnt need the grenade now would he?

Well, the masses have chosen pose 2 and I've abided.. though I decided to leave my options open for the future, in case I want to use something like a Power Fist or a Chainsword instead soo..

I decided to make use of some magnets I picked up a while ago. I have no hand drills so I had to install them using a modelling knife, it went smoother than I thought it would and there's almost no gap between the pieces (nothing very visible unless you go looking for it).

gallery_14285_3827_44547.jpg

gallery_14285_3827_66370.jpg

And now it's actually posable too, so I can have him aimint while biting the pin, or with the Bolter lowered as some people sugested!

gallery_14285_3827_60328.jpg

gallery_14285_3827_869.jpg

Well, he's finished. I intentionally made him helmetless, and now that the second arm is magnetized and there's a pistol on the belt, I can switch the Bolter for a Chainsword/Power Weapon/Fist in the future if I need one.

I think it came out rather well.. any last minute suggestions for the pose?

gallery_14285_3827_52601.jpg

I even have some fluff for him.. See that bionic eye? Well, biting off grenade pins doesn't always go that well. Now all I need is a name. ;)

My Dev Sgt has never fired a shot, so is pointing and looking. Who's he throwing the grenade at? If he can throw 48" he should be playing pro-sports!

May I sig that?

I like pose 2 the best, more dynamic and original then the first.

Seconded

OT

He looks awesome.

Archived