Term Lord with Daemon weapon or pair of lightning claws

Clewz

Hi, just getting pack into the game after many years and i'm planning on doing an Alpha Legion army. Just wondering what are peoples thought in regards to terminator lords armed with either daemon weapon or a pair of lightning claws?

Hi, just getting pack into the game after many years and i'm planning on doing an Alpha Legion army. Just wondering what are peoples thought in regards to terminator lords armed with either daemon weapon or a pair of lightning claws?

There is difficulty in using a Terminator HQ simply because the only way to delivery them into combat is to use a Land Raider and unlike Codex Marines, we can only fit 5 Terminators in there so that limits you to a 4 man squad, not to mention the expensive of the Raider itself.

If you decide to go this route, keep the other Terminators cheap, 1 Heavy Flamer and 1 Fist weapon is all you really need.

As for DW vs LC, if you're going Undivided/no Mark I'd go with the DW since the extra attacks will end up being more killy.

As minigin saidTermi lord not really good option. DS no good for hth unit, neither is walking. LR only option and that's expensive and only "ok", LR full of brzrkrs way better. Lord should have wing or use DP.

if you do go w/ termilord, DW is better IMO. Used LC's in my last 2 games and was somewhat underwhelmed.

I've been having trouble with this as well. What I find frustrating is the fact that despite the benefits of lightning claws, you usually have less attacks than with a daemon weapon and you can't shoot. Whereas, the DW allows you some ferocious attacks (depending on any marks you give them) and the option of shooting, with the only downfall being the possibility of the daemon rebelling.

I'd go with the DW too. However, I'm not sure which mark is best. I'm personally stuck between no mark (+1 strength) or Mark of Slaanesh (+1 Int and any wounds are an instant kill). Does having the +1 strength really make such a difference? Wouldn't the +1 Int be excellent for striking before most combat-oriented units whilst also allowing the lord to clear characters too?

Food for thought.

- Vyre

Does having the +1 strength really make such a difference?
It does against MEQs and MCs.

Wouldn't the +1 Int be excellent for striking before most combat-oriented units whilst also allowing the lord to clear characters too?
It would be situationally nice to have but what you should take it for is it's instant death effect.

However, I'm not sure which mark is best. I'm personally stuck between no mark (+1 strength) or Mark of Slaanesh (+1 Int and any wounds are an instant kill).

Does having the +1 strength really make such a difference?

Wouldn't the +1 Int be excellent for striking before most combat-oriented units whilst also allowing the lord to clear characters too?

Yes the +1 str makes a big difference. Wounding meq's on 3's instead of 4's.

The lords int.5 makes him strike b4 most combat units anyway.

As for trying to kill a trygon or somethng the slanny lord 1st needs a 6 to wound it.

I try not to put my lord in CC with other IC's and MC's b/c his 5+ invul just isn't enough to keep him alive very long against such things

but he's a great meq killer (and slaughters tau battle and crisis suits)

Archived