forgeworld rules

Kay

hey mates, do you guys know if those rules included in the Imperial Armour boks are official? What i mean is, can i use IA units WITHOUT my opponent's permission?

Im planning to build an army around Zhufor ad i was wondering if i could bring him to a tourney (RT and such)

hey mates, do you guys know if those rules included in the Imperial Armour boks are official? What i mean is, can i use IA units WITHOUT my opponent's permission?

Im planning to build an army around Zhufor ad i was wondering if i could bring him to a tourney (RT and such)

No- because FW is not GW. They have compatable rules, but they arent official so its simple manners to ask your opponent if he minds you bringing something from a seperate book.

After all, youd probly want a heads up if he brought a titan to the table eh?

Nah, id love to fight a titan, though i find it a bit "lol" to bring it at 2k "sir, enemy patrol sighted" "ah! Send the legio!!"

Im talking about a 185p mini, not. a 600-1500 xD

After all, youd probly want a heads up if he brought a titan to the table eh?

The bigger they are, the harder the fall.... :) :devil:

:lol:

I thought your Great Companies Blood claws could've told you that, Grey Mage

*vox crackle*

"Did we pack melta bombs, Reclusiarch?"

*v c*

"Yes Marshal, I've been brushing up on my Codex Astartes and Lord Gee says 'Bringeth thine embomz' .... so, I did"

*v c*

"Phew! I mean, For the Emperor!"

Not official. I certainly wouldn't spring it on an opponent without asking/informing beforehand. Some of the rules/points are broken.

That said, there certainly are some units that would be fun to play with/against, not to mention some beautiful models. :D

RoV

I personally view them as official, but yer lots of tournaments don't allow them so you can't rely on that. In a regular pick up game tho... not a problem although I would avoid super-heavies, flyers and anything that people tend to think is deadly like dreadnought drop-pods and Deathstorm drop-pods.

Basically people tend to have a fear of the unknown but as long as it doesn't have great shock value you will be all good... if you lose friends over this they weren't good friends in the first place.

As for overpowered... if I'm honest the big units are not the scariest thing... I've faced a reaver... killed it in the 1st turn with one units shooting (I had a good idea it would be coming.)... I've faced an armoured company with a baneblade in it... didn't know that was coming all I can say is I'm glad my black templars had more deepstriking units than I normally take... by the end of the second turn he was the one starting to look a bit worried...

I say go for it, but don't expect to be able to use them at tournaments as they house rule these things and expect some people to cry like little sissy girls in friendly games if you pull out FW stuff... ahaha I've even had someone tell me I couldn't use the FW Eldar Avatar model :S even though it uses normal rules and provides a much bigger target...

As have been said you will probably have to ask. At tournaments in Sweden you can usually take Imperial Armour stuff as long as it isn't a Superheavy, Titan, Gargantuan Creature or Flyer (and some other stuff which is considered too powerful).

I say yes there official, look at who the copyright is to for the rules, yes GW, which means GW owns them, which means they are GW rules, which means they are official, if people say otherwise I'll just say the entire space marine codex isn't official and you can't use it, same principal, there both books owned by GW, with GW copyright and rules.

While were at it, I have some Void Stalkers that would love a word with that titan.....

Seriously, just like any other codex- if you want to take things out of another book, then you should ask your opponent about it first.

What always amazes me is that people get insulted when you tell them they should talk to their opponent about things they are doing outside the normal rules, especially when many of those people also go off about how the game should be more creative and based around fun then just show up and kill. Wouldnt being on the same page really help you and your opponent have fun?

I know it would help me.

While were at it, I have some Void Stalkers that would love a word with that titan.....

Seriously, just like any other codex- if you want to take things out of another book, then you should ask your opponent about it first.

What always amazes me is that people get insulted when you tell them they should talk to their opponent about things they are doing outside the normal rules, especially when many of those people also go off about how the game should be more creative and based around fun then just show up and kill. Wouldnt being on the same page really help you and your opponent have fun?

I know it would help me.

My view on anything in the IA(indeed pretty much anything outside the BRB and official codexes) is that they are optional rules, which basically means, that if your opponent doesn't want to play with those options you should be able to field a regular force instead to play with.

The same holds true for most tabletop games as well, there is a core set of rules and anything outside that is optional aka not necessary to play.

• 2 weeks later...
"1hey mates, do you guys know if those rules included in the Imperial Armour boks are official? 1bWhat i mean is, can i use IA units WITHOUT my opponent's permission?

2Im planning to build an army around Zhufor ad i was wondering if i could bring him to a tourney (RT and such)"

1 Optional.

1b No.

2 Tournaments are odd ducks. Even if something is completely legal in your codex, always ask the tournament organizer if there are any special rules, is FW/IA allowed, the extent that proxy/counts-as is allowed, and so forth.

The IA books says that those rules need approval of your opponent. It's listed right there, at least in the older ones.

I believe that this limitation was remove, for Apocalypse only. On apoc, everything goes. Apoc is the excuse (and the right place) for people to field their nice FW toys :) - and the opponents can't say anything :tu:

Of course, common sense is needed. Nobody will want to face flyers and/or titans with only a 2000+ on foot army.

Archived