Apocalyzing my force- Ice hawks

Eddtheman

So I've had some time on my hands recently and I decided to troll the WiP forums. Seeing all these people building up these massive forces have really gotten my creative juices flowing. Ive decided to expand my current space marine army.

First a little about myself. Ive beenplaying since the tail end of 2nd edition and suffer from "new project" syndrome. I start these little side projects that I am never able to pan out or complete. These usually involve marines and sit in my closet in various degrees of completion. Hopefully showing it off on B&C will give me the motivation to finish my army My current army, the ice hawks, were started with the 5th edition marine book.

here is what I want my finished army to look like

Entire 1st company- mix of terminators and PA vets

2 Entire Battle Companies (1 Drop pod, 1 rhino)

Scout auxilia (30-50 scouts)

Whirlwind suppression force

Linebreaker Squadron

Land Raider armored column

Adeptus Custodes support

2X thunderhawks for air support.

I will be organizing everything in the next few days and will post updates when I can

Comments and Criticism always welcome

Wow, good luck there matey!

You should check out my "Black Fists" thread, its an entire 1st Company Wip. Besides 10 Sternguard and 5 Vanguard, and heros the rest of the army will be made of plastic. Maybe you could use some of the ideas (and leave a comment or two) for your own 1st!

Hehe, Good luck mate.

When I *eventually* get a job, I'm hoping to make the entire Raven Guard 3rd, 8th, and 10th company.

Thats in excess of:

Shrike

2 generic captains

6 tactical squads

2 devistator squads

2 dreads

12 assault marine or bike squads

10+ scout squads

Un-upgraded thats 5645 points and will cost about £802 :S

Once you start talking chapter size forces it starts getting ridiculous

good luck with youre apoc army it will be impressive . I have the entire 1st 2nd 4th and 10th red scorpion companys minus the thunderhawks had 1 but they are a pain to build since there molds are getting old now and dont fit to well . any ways good luck and cant wait to see pics

Oh I'm not planning on buying FW thundehawks, Im still in college (and very poor). These will both be scratchbuilt. I've got 1 finished except for detailing on the engines. If I can get a picture, I will post it, and maybe do a tutorial for the second 1.

Archived