World-Eater Lord

Malanok

Ages ago I found some coloured metalic paints and decided to start to paint with them, the end result was amazing... then I realised someone had beaten me to the punch (Viva Metalica) ¬.¬

Awwell, I loved painting them so much that I went out and got a Chaos Terminator Lord and did this:

WARNING: The following images as originally posted by this member are 7 megs in size each.

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/021..._by_Malanok.png

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/021..._by_Malanok.jpg

I know that he looks pinky in the photo, that's due to my (lack of) photography skills, not the painting.

So yeah, as usual C&C welcome (as long as they are constructive!)

Malanok

P.S I may get some berserkers next... :P

EDIT: For the love of the Emperor please learn how to use your camera. 3400x2100 pics that are 7 megs each in size are NOT web friendly. If you don't own photoshop or paintshop pro go download Gimp 2.0. It is free and can resize your pictures to a more web-friendly size. Pictures turned into links. -- Kurgan

Aaaaah, we totally did the same axe conversion for our Termie Lords! Betcha read the article on the GW site >=P

Nice mini, your painting is super crisp. Definitely a plus! Not a fan of the burgundy color. World Eaters need to be a really poppy kind of red, otherwise they end up looking like Word Bearers. The cloak is also a bit to similar to the armor, and it appears metallic. It definitely needs some work to make it look more "fabrick-ey"

On the whole great work!

P.S. What happened to the cool rock base? ;)

Thats some pretty nice painting there. Maybe a touch of chainmail on the very edges of the metallic parts of the armour to make ping.

Love the axe conversion too!

I've always compensated hi-lights for lo-lights on evil characters and vice versa on good characters, I will give it a go none the less. Thanks for the tip. ;)

(BTW, axe conversion (as mentioned below) is from an old article on the GW site... iron warrior termie lord if I remember correctly...

Aaaaah, we totally did the same axe conversion for our Termie Lords! Betcha read the article on the GW site >=P

Nice mini, your painting is super crisp. Definitely a plus! Not a fan of the burgundy color. World Eaters need to be a really poppy kind of red, otherwise they end up looking like Word Bearers. The cloak is also a bit to similar to the armor, and it appears metallic. It definitely needs some work to make it look more "fabrick-ey"

On the whole great work!

P.S. What happened to the cool rock base? :D

Nope, didn't read it, saw the picture and decided to do it ;)

Now, the burgundy colour... I think if I change the wash on the metal then I could get it brighter... truth be told I don't know what different factions of chaos marines are which colour... red and brass was world eaters is what I was told, so this is the end result... *shrugs* awwell, it was a test model anyhoo!

Really?! My brother (more experienced warhammer player than me said it was very fabric-ey... might be the photo... What would you suggest to make it more fabric-ey? maybe the soot powder thing from forgeworld around the bottom?

Thanks!

P.S the cool rock base was saved for making cheap heralds of chaos (I'm a daemons player), but don't worry, he is standing on a plasticard eight pointed star (I used a laser cutter to cut it out)... I know it is hard to see from the pictures, sorry!

Actually Viva Metallica doesn't use metallic paints. Its actually a mithril silver/chainmail base coat, then a wash/ink of whatever colour applied over a few layers.

But great job on the heretic mate! He looks suitably scary!

Thanks!

No offence intended, but I knew Viva Metallica had a different method; I was referring to the end result.

Thanks guys

Malanok

P.S must buy those berserkers...

I'm not sure how to make it more fabrickey, apart from making it more matte... like you said, it could be the camera. Flash tends to make things look more metallic or glossed .

I think maybe you could try roughing out the pattern by taking some sponge (like the kind you get in GW blister packs, and dabbing the color in. Maybe :D I'm not entirely sure.

Archived