Dark Angels Librarian

Mitsunori

I have about 8 hours into the model so far and probably another 2-3 to go before I'm done with him. I really hate painting faces and I need to pick up some purple paint for the force weapon runes.

He is definitely going to be the centerpiece of my Dark Angels army and I'm really stoked about how he looks so far.

http://leibnizcreations.com/files/Librarian%20-%20Cropped.jpg

Suggestions on painting his face or techniques would be appreciated.

I like that - the base works for me. Is your whole army based that way, with the bronze edge?

The loincloth looks great, and you have a very neat, smooth blue.

Can't really help with the face - I tend to alternate layers of drybrushing (to highlight) and ink (to blend the harsher edges of the drybrushing) until I'm happy, if that helps.

The model looks great. Don't know if it's just the camera, but it looks like you need some shading on the armour. Theres no depth to it - but that might just be the camera wasing out the shading.

Good work so far - the bronze base makes the model really stand out.

Thanks for the comments. As to the basing, yes all of my models are all based in that bronze paint. I saw it in a White Dwarf magazine and thought it looked like a different way to draw attention to the model.

I need to have my wife take the pictures when the model is all done, she's a much better photographer than me.

Thanks.

Archived