Old legion fluff (Realms of Chaos,etc.)

Prokrustes

Well...when I was skimming through a copy of Realms of Chaos: Slaves of Darkness I found on the page with the banners and stuff,

that the Night Lords were Khorne followers. I didnt see any other mention of the NL in the book (maybe missed it because of skimming) but I found

it very interesting. Now from time to time, I see some vets mention that Alpha Legion once belonged to Tzeentch (?) which I think is/was totally awesome.

I also heard something like Iron Warriors and Slaanesh?

Well in short, anybody knows enough of the old fluff to enlighten me about the Chaos Legions of old? I know their current fluff and the IA articles but the

older fluff looks very interesting. Have there beeen 2 legions for every god?

Thanks in advance.

Those banners were all that there was. At the time the idea of the heresy was just beginning to be developed and to be honest was pretty much a short aside compared to WFRP/WFB. Whilst the Iron Warriors etc were named there was no connection to the Horus Heresy made, they were merely renegade chapters. The Night Warriors were given more background in Space Marine and explicitly made a chapter from the Heresy era, but the Iron Warriors and others are a 2nd edition invention in all but name :)

Archived