Finished Crimson Fists Sternguard

FF151

Hey Guys,

It's been a while since I posted, I have been so busy as of late. I have painted up a sternguard of 10 models, 5 with combi plasma's and 5 with combi meltas.

The finished sternguard is here

and the strategy I am talking about using is here....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhXVyWjClBM

check em out when you have a second. I am particularly interested in what you guys think of the models, but also on the strategy I want to emulate from "DCCrimsonfist" from youtube.

Cheers!

Some great work there. I have a bit of a problem with sound on my computer. The internal speakers are playing up so I don't really know what was said. So if you could answer a question or two I'd be thankful.

First how did you make the combi-meltas? They look great and not just the paint job.

Second what do you use for a basecoat? It seems like Necron Abyss, but I cold be wrong.

Anyhow, they are excellent IMO, and the conversions to differentiate them are subtle yet effective. Congrats :mellow:.

Very nice looking sternguard, I really need to get me some of those. I am not sure, but I think the bases could use a little something extra? A patch of static grass or something perhaps. Will check out the tactics video later :mellow:

Hubernator, the wound reflects the casing of the gun getting hot, not the model actually taking a plasma blast. As it says in the rulebook, when you roll a 1, 'the weapon gets hot, it does not fire and the firing model suffers a wound (normal saves apply).'

Hey Guys,

I believe you are allowed an armour save on an overheated plasma because it is not the actual ammunition from the plasma gun that is causing the wound, but rather just the gun itself overheating.

Combi melta-s were made just by adding a round chunk of sprue on to the end of the regular boltguns. If you look at the boltgun and melta that come with the kit, other than the extended barrel there really is minimal difference between the guns. This was cheap, easy and effective in differentiating the guns,.

Base Necron Abyss, heavy highlight of regal blue, light hightlight of ultramarine blue then an asurman blue wash.

Thanks for the comments guys,

FF

Hubernator, the wound reflects the casing of the gun getting hot, not the model actually taking a plasma blast. As it says in the rulebook, when you roll a 1, 'the weapon gets hot, it does not fire and the firing model suffers a wound (normal saves apply).'

I see, thanks for that

Hey Guys,

I believe you are allowed an armour save on an overheated plasma because it is not the actual ammunition from the plasma gun that is causing the wound, but rather just the gun itself overheating.

Combi melta-s were made just by adding a round chunk of sprue on to the end of the regular boltguns. If you look at the boltgun and melta that come with the kit, other than the extended barrel there really is minimal difference between the guns. This was cheap, easy and effective in differentiating the guns,.

Base Necron Abyss, heavy highlight of regal blue, light hightlight of ultramarine blue then an asurman blue wash.

Thanks for the comments guys,

FF

Thanks for the info, and I hope to see more of your work soon.

I suppose rules-wise I did raise an eyebrow. Like being allowed armour saves if the plasma overheats. Surely, since its AP2, you get no save?

Well remember your not getting the full blast of the plasma in the face, its just the gun overheating. Though game wise dying on a roll of 1 would not make the plasma very interesting, unless it was the most powerful weapon ever made. Or very cheap

Archived