Color scheme(s) for my Undivided army

So I was looking through pages 18-24 of the CSM codex for a scheme to paint my Undivided CSM. I came across the Sons of Vengeance scheme and thought "Hey, this looks pretty cool." With that being said, how do you think I could achieve the red and blue stipling effect?

I was also thinking about using either the Knights of Blood or Company of Misery schemes. The Knights of Blood scheme would probably look neat with Berserkers. (seeing as they are Khornite warriors after all)

The Sanctified scheme would work well for my regular CSM as they are cross-referenced with Word Bearers and they worship all the gods as a panthenon. Are those yellow marks around the neck supposed to be like cracks of magma in volcanic rock?

Ideas and comments about any scheme would be appreciated!

I came across the Sons of Vengeance scheme , how do you think I could achieve the red and blue stipling effect?

I was also thinking about using either the Knights of Blood or Company of Misery schemes.

The Sanctified scheme would work well for my regular CSM as they are cross-referenced with Word Bearers and they worship all the gods as a panthenon. Are those yellow marks around the neck supposed to be like cracks of magma in volcanic rock?

- the SoV scheme seems very difficult for a biginer painter to pull off well and very tedious even for an experienced painter.

- KoB or CoM both are very difficult paint schemes (imagion doing it of 60+ csm's), I don't kmow what your skill level of painting is.

- Sanctifed look like a more doable paint scheme. . I've seen your army list, WB's (and I assume their splinter groups) don't use cult troops. Or maybe Sanctified splintered from WB's b/c some of them started worshiping 1 god ??

Well, by Word Bearers/Sanctified, I was referring to my regular CSM. The cult troops could be recruited mercs or something of the sort. But I like the idea of them splintering for the reason you mentioned.

My skill level would probably be at least above average. I haven't posted any WIP pictures, but I'm decent at freehanding flames, swirls and such. I'm doing a scheme similar to the Flawless Host for my NMs, so I don't think flames on the CoM scheme would be too hard.

Well, by Word Bearers/Sanctified, I was referring to my regular CSM. The cult troops could be recruited mercs or something of the sort. But I like the idea of them splintering for the reason you mentioned.

My skill level would probably be at least above average. I haven't posted any WIP pictures, but I'm decent at freehanding flames, swirls and such. I'm doing a scheme similar to the Flawless Host for my NMs, so I don't think flames on the CoM scheme would be too hard.

- I hate the "they're recruited merc's" thing, make an army for gods' sake (that's IMO of course). But splintering b/c they started to worship single gods could be a kool concept.

- If you are a good painter of flamers, swirls etc then you are skilled enough to do any of the schemes, but don't mistake being able/willing to spend that amount of time/effort on a few test modeles with doing it 50-60+ times. ;)

Archived