Few Gargantuan Creature questions

Ntin

I had a chance to use my Zarakynel for the first time this weekend and a few issues came up.

Stomp-

When a Gargantuan Creature makes a stomp attack it affects every enemy in the combat correct? This attack ignores armor saves?

In 5th edition you no longer have the option to turn off special close combat weapons. Does Zarakynel get to use her Souleater Sword whiles stomping since it is her normal attack?

Assault-

Since the 30 wound for combat resolution no longer matters. If the combat a Gargantuan Creature is in loses close combat by 8 wounds would the Gargantuan Creature have to make 8 saves like a normal unit?

yes the stomp attack ignores armor, they function just like a regular attack excepting the bits about the number of attacks, thus as gargantuan creatures attacks normaly ignore armor, so does the stomp.

By RAW it likely does get to use weapons during a stomp, however there is a strong argument RAI (which in apoc generaly maters more) that they do not get to use any weapon rules with a stomp due to superheavy walkers having a provision that their stomps do not benifit from Titan CCWs because stomps are performed with the legs.

Yes as they are fearless they would suffer from No retreat.

Does stomp affect all of combat was the other question. I charged a very large concentration of Orks and was unsure how to proceed with it.

Interesting argument about the Titan. Then could a Trygon not stomp because it lacks legs?

Archived