Corax

slaine69

this guy was a pain to find any info on let alone any official images so I pretty much done my own thing with it. oh and the guy on the right (or half of him at least) is one of those noise priests from istvaan, it's been a while since I've read galaxy in flames so forgive me if it's waaaay off

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/040/3/3/Corax_by_slaine69.jpg

That's a nice interpretation of him man.

My observational criticisms:

I'd make it so his hair is longer and obscures his face more. Mainly hanging over the brow. I always imagined Corax to have long wind swept and unkempt hair.

Slightly softer features. I find his face a bit too hard for my liking, this is purely personal opinion of course and everyone has their own ideas as to how he would look. It's mainly his heavy brow that draws away attention from what should be his black eyes.

More ornate armour. His jetpack is covered in over the top details but the rest of him is kind of lacking. He is a Primarch after all. I like what you have already but I'd even take it up another notch slightly.

Overall a nicely done picture. Well done sir!

I also love this pic, but have a few criticisms. IIRC, his jump pack was actually a backpack with giant, mechanical (yet organic looking) "ravens wings" that allowed him flight over the battlefield. Other than that, i have never envisioned Corax as being one for super ornate armor like, say Guilliman or Dorn, rather that his armor would be very practical... Ornate, but severely functional in his style of warfare.

This is a great piece, not only because it fits well with the idea of Corax (and uses the artists own interpretations as well) but the fact that someone actually bothered to do one of the "lesser used" primarchs. If I have to see another overstylised Magnus the Red or Leman Russ, I think I may well spit upon the ground in contempt.

Excellent work dude.

Corax is great but I agree that the brow is abit heavy as you should be drawn to his eyes as *someone whose name I can't remember* is said to focus on his eyes as though they were mystical. And also where the raven guard on isstvaan lll? because I was under the impression they wern't and so no noise guy for Corax to kill ;)

I know everyones a critic but honestly great picture as always :)

And also where the raven guard on isstvaan lll? because I was under the impression they wern't and so no noise guy for Corax to kill :P

The Raven Guard were on Isstvaan. The Drop-Site Massacre involved the Raven Guard, Salamanders and Iron Fists being caught between the traitor legions. It was because of their heavy losses that Corax turned to dangerous technologies to rapidly generate Marines, leading to the problems of the Weres.

And also where the raven guard on isstvaan lll? because I was under the impression they wern't and so no noise guy for Corax to kill :angry:

The Raven Guard were on Isstvaan. The Drop-Site Massacre involved the Raven Guard, Salamanders and Iron Fists being caught between the traitor legions. It was because of their heavy losses that Corax turned to dangerous technologies to rapidly generate Marines, leading to the problems of the Weres.

Couple minor corrections here.

Istvaan III was the site of the virus bombing of the "loyalist" portions of the Death Guard, Emperor's Children, World Eaters, and Sons of Horus. the "Dropsite Massacre" on Istvaan V took place after this, and with the Raven Guard, Salamanders, and Iron Hands attacking the Sons of Horus, Death Guard, Emperor's Children, and World Eaters. The Alpha Legion, Iron Warriors, Night Lords, and Word Bearers came down behind the loyalists, posing as loyalists themselves, and blew the three legions to hell. If we use Raven's Flight as a reference, the RG dropped with about 90,000 Astartes, and walked away with about 3,000. After this, Corax wanted to rebuild the legion, and tried going with the cloning technology.

I love the picture using the Raven's Talons. Corax with a power whip and a heavy bolter would be awesome, but the talons are what he would be better known for. I love the face and the hair, and I think he's just ornamented enough. I don't see an overblown, glory boy primarch here, just someone with slightly better armor and weaponry.

Great work!

-Proteus

Ahh, but according to Horus, Corax did conquer Istvaan III several years before the Death Guard, World Eaters and Sons of Horus "cleaned up shop" there.

True dat! I kinda think its ironic that the traitor primarchs joked about Corax not being up to the task, only to see him do some damage before leaving Istvaan V

-Proteus

Archived