2 librarian questions

LardO'Blood

Wargear question:

The codex entry says for librarians their wargear is:

PA, Bolt gun or bolt pistol, frag and krak grenades, force weapon, psychic hood

They can replace there power armor, bolt gun, frag and krak grenades for terminator armor and: no additional weapon +25 points.......

Does this mean that if I switch the hypothetical bolt gun or bolt pistol into the bolt pistol I can have terminator armor, force weapon, pscyhic hood and bolt pistol? Otherwise I don't see why there would be the "no additional weapon" option, unless GW cared that much to make terminator librarians 5 points cheaper.

GoI question:

It says you use gate at the beginning of your movement phase, does deepstriking in from reserve via terminator armor count as the beginning of movement phase?

In other words, can you deepstrike from reserve and gate?

Deepstriking happens at the start of the movement phase and counts as the model having moved for the turn; if the Librarian has already moved for a turn, he cannot Gate, so no, he can't DS and then Gate (effectively DSing again).

Think of upgrades that you buy for models in the codex as if they are all resolving simultaneously. That is, if you want your libby to trade his bolt pistol for a bolt gun AND give up his bolt pistol for Terminator armor, you have a conflict...as he has only one bolt pistol to give up and two upgrades that each want him to give it up. (They are both exclusive/jealous; i.e. you can't get both by giving up one bolt pistol, as they each want their own.)

EDIT: One more note. You can give a terminator model an additional attack by giving him an identical offhand weapon...which in the case of terminators in the vanilla Dex means you give them lighting claws. =)

If you take the bolt pistol instead of the bolt gun, then you cannot get terminator amor, as you lack the required trade item (the boltgun)

you may not gate the turn you deapstrike, though I cant for the life of me think o f why you would even want to sesnse it would be mechanicly identical just deapstriking in the secong location first, except you need to take a psychic test, and there is a chance of killing a model.

Archived