"human" demon princes

Demoulius

hello my foul chaosy brethren :rolleyes:

i have a question for you. the GW deamon prince models are all basicly ascended space marines correct? how would deamon princes that have descended from "normal" humans look like? would they be smaller? still resemble their once human origins?

in the chaos dex it mentions a khornate deamon prince "doombreed" (i think hes called, havent checked) who was basicly one of khorne's first deamon princes, but he was human lord who commited mass genocide and the like on ancient earth, but how would he look like? are there any known sources that speak of non-former-astartes deamon princes?

The size is relative. In the previous Chaos Codex there was Chaos Marine Daemon Princes of Chaos Marine height while the Monstrous Creature ones we know now were an additional upgrade.

Miriael Sabathiel is the only human daemon prince(ss) that I can think off the top of my head. Mortal chaos worshipers are very Chaos Marine centric so finding a run of the mill human is a bit tougher.

I don't have any sources but, the way i think it works is something like this. A guy could go kill a whole city in the name of the Blood God and be made a good sized, pretty powerfull deamon prince. But if another guy lead an army and killed an entire planet, then collected the skulls and painted the Blood God's symbol onto each one in blood, then piled the skulls into a big hole and started sacrificing his army to the Blood God until there was a lake of blood around an island of skulls, where he stood chanting the Blood Gods name, he would become a more power/bigger Deamon Prince.

So I don't think it matters if your human or space marine, but how much blood you spill and how many skulls you take. So a human could become a more powerful deamon prince if he killed more in the name of Khorne, then the space marine. As for what they look like, i think it can vary depending on how much the gods like him, so more favor with the god=bigger, badder, less human looking deamon prince. But, just my thoughts, hope it helps.

The size is relative. In the previous Chaos Codex there was Chaos Marine Daemon Princes of Chaos Marine height while the Monstrous Creature ones we know now were an additional upgrade.

Miriael Sabathiel is the only human daemon prince(ss) that I can think off the top of my head. Mortal chaos worshipers are very Chaos Marine centric so finding a run of the mill human is a bit tougher.

uhm, excuse me if im asking something obvious to chaos players or something but whos Miriael Sabathiel? but i see the point you make about the old dex. so basicly he would be a deamon prince but just"bigger then avarage sized for a human" compared to the monster that is the GW metal model?

i also see what your getting at manofmanynames. not all princes are of the same strength. wouldnt they become stronger the more influence they get though? so say they start as pretty puny princes but end up rivaling thirsters and the like?

Daemon Princes can be anything. Literally anything: they are more various even than other daemons, which are shaped from the nightmares dreams, desires and fears of human imagination. Daemon Princes retain a great deal of their mortal personas when they ascend, and tend to manifest physically as daemonic representations of their mortal selves, or of their mortal self perception: they are in many ways metaphorically idealised selves or mythologised selves, and therefore their material forms vary wildly from individual to individual. Some can appear as more or less human, others are wholly daemonic, some are immaterial beings of light and fire; others are fleshly amalgams of various beings. Let your imagination run wild.

uhm, excuse me if im asking something obvious to chaos players or something but whos Miriael Sabathiel? but i see the point you make about the old dex. so basicly he would be a deamon prince but just"bigger then avarage sized for a human" compared to the monster that is the GW metal model?

i also see what your getting at manofmanynames. not all princes are of the same strength. wouldnt they become stronger the more influence they get though? so say they start as pretty puny princes but end up rivaling thirsters and the like?

Miriael was the first Sister of Battle to fall to Chaos (Slaanesh). Chaos Lords under the old codex were very customizable being "big" was not always the best option. I think it is more of a game mechanic we associate stature with power. Chaos wise the size does not matter in theory a Nurgling could be stronger than a Bloodthirster, mass does not imply stength simply their pressence in the material plane. Same wise you can look at daemon heralds like Skulltaker or Masque both ancient daemons and powerful but of normal stature.

I'm reasonably sure that the main villain in Hammer of Daemons (terrible book) is a Daemon Prince. He's about the size of a chaos lord, but seethes with power. Incidentally, it turns out in this book that the larger majority of worlds located in the warp (places totally under the sway of chaos) hate chaos space marines and consider them obnoxious and arrogant. According to the book anyway. Make of it what you will.

As said above, Daemon Princes come in all possible shapes. Something the last Codex reflected.

There are models for two Daemon Princes who weren't Astartes before their ascension:

Uraka the Warfiend is another ancient Daemon Prince of Khorne like Doombreed.

Mamon, Daemon Prince of Nurgle, was a Chaos spy who ascended to Daemonhood in the 41st millennium.

And then there's Doomrider, who might have been an Astartes since he appears to wear Power Armour. He's small enough to ride a bike.

Miriael Sabathiel is the only human daemon prince(ss) that I can think off the top of my head.
I'm pretty sure that she's still a mortal Chaos follower.

I made up a "Lord" or whatever you want to call her for my EC army. After reading Fulgrim I thought it would be cool to have a "remembrancer" be particularly decadent and evil and be elevated to some higher form. I used a confrontation mini that stands just a bit taler than a standard SM and one of the more recent metal Demonette heads on her, so in stature she would be like 9-10 feet tall but still proportioned like a human female.

• 2 weeks later...

to stave off any more "description" of something visual here is an actual example of what one might look like.

http://www.downloadmunkey.net/images/3_silver.jpg

With Demonic Stature and visage this custom Night Lord from Cool Mini or Not is pretty much what a non demonic looking but still pretty human Demon Prince would look like.

Basically, Daemon Princes are made in their patron God's image. Sorta.

The reason there tend to be so many more Daemon Princes that were formerly Chaos Marines is because your ascension to the rank of Daemon Prince tends to depend on the sheer amount of Chaos God-flavored mayhem you cause. The simplest example is that a World Eater tends to be much more capable to butcher thousands upon thousands, thus earning the favor of Khorne, whereas a simple human would be much more hard-pressed to pile up a death toll big enough to earn sufficient favor.

Then again, there are way more humans running around than there are Space Marines.

Also, there is the weird Abaddon paradox I haven't figured out yet. I suppose he has enough willpower to deny Chaos mutations, and turn down the elevation to Daemon Princedom.

Anyways, in terms of appearance, a human Daemon Prince shouldn't look all that different from a Space Marine Daemon Prince. The former Marines would probably be larger, with more armor, but by the time you get to Daemon Prince stature, most of your mortal possessions are more or less replaced.

That's always been my take on it, anyway.

Archived