Pure infantry Night Lord army with 20 terminators?

Brother Kirus

Greetings!

I was painting a chaos terminator in Night Lords colors yesterday and it made me think about an army that would fill two full units of terminators. Obviously, it is not the most competitive choice, but would this walk in friendly games and would it be interesting to play this army.

Thank you.

Depends on who you normally fight. Against marines, field all power weapons, combi meltas, and turn them loose in cc. Horde armies, not so good. All depends on the point size as well. The more points you have, the better it will be at other armies. But at low points, and 2 termie squads, only effective vs marines I'd say.

something like this ?

2xdP

3x6 terminators 3 combi plas 3 combi melta . 2 fists in each

2x5 pms with 2xplasma no rhino no asp champion

2x2 oblits

Thank you. I will think about this list.

Fluff-wise... Termies don't seem very apt for the Night Lords, in my opinion, though.

I have to politely disagree with you. Terminator armor is very fluffy for NL. This legion is all about terror (not sneakiness) and personal gain. Chaos SM in terminator armor is way more terrifying than the same marine but in power armor. Terminator armor is also considered to be a sign of wealth/status among chaos legions.

Fluff-wise... Termies don't seem very apt for the Night Lords, in my opinion, though.

I have to politely disagree with you. Terminator armor is very fluffy for NL. This legion is all about terror (not sneakiness) and personal gain. Chaos SM in terminator armor is way more terrifying than the same marine but in power armor. Terminator armor is also considered to be a sign of wealth/status among chaos legions.

Politely disagree...? Surely you are meant to flame me savagely sir! :lol:

I always thought of the Night Lords as terrifying, but with mobility. Hence my anti-terminator stance, but then my Loyalist knowledge of the ways of Chaos is sadly lacking!

I always thought of Terminators as perfectly in line with the Night Lords style. If you're a Guardsmen what could be more terrifying than giant terminator armoured Chaos Marines materializing right behind you?

I always just pictured the Night Lords as a very mobile force.. But hey, i can lern! <_< ;)

Fear is in the eye of the beholder, so I'd say anything goes.

Just as it's terrifying to have armoured marines swooping upon your lines, having 20 or so terminators relentlessly advancing towards you would probably cause more than one enemy to reschedule their plans for the day.

I'm a Night Lords player and had this idea too...

1 DP

10 termis 4 fists 2 plas 2 melta heavy flamer and reaper autocannon

3 x 10 vanilla marines champ fist plas/melta rhino

2 oblits

...roughly 1500 I think

Also Night Lords = nothing short of overwhelming force always excessive.

I'm a Night Lords player and had this idea too...

1 DP

10 termis 4 fists 2 plas 2 melta heavy flamer and reaper autocannon

3 x 10 vanilla marines champ fist plas/melta rhino

2 oblits

...roughly 1500 I think

Also Night Lords = nothing short of overwhelming force always excessive.

I'd love to play against a list like that.

Yeah threw together the list properly...

Lash prince

10 termies IoCG 4 PFs 2 combi plas 2 combi melta 1 heavy flamer 1 reaper AC

2 x 10 marines champ fist 2 melta guns IoCG rhino

10 marines champ fist 2 plasma guns IoCG rhino

2 oblits

Total: 1500pts... exactly

Might give it a try in my next friendly.

Archived