doom of malan'tai

khurdur

Thus it should magically jump to the side, even though it normally cannot move

yes but the way it is worded it doesnt look like it means "move" in the rules term of 6-12-24" etc , but move as in place on the side [as units can never be placed on top of each other] . but then again the thing that makes me think that way is the fact that the rule book translation I have uses the term placed and I have no idea , if people that did the translation asked GW about it .

But Dooms action is not a shoting or melee attack , it is a special rule. the only way to know how a special rule [not a shoting attack] affects transported units is to check how other stuff that affects transported units work. Can a psychic hood be used [the new one] against a librarian in a rhino ? yes it can. If so then a special rule that force you to roll 3d6 -ld works too.

Were is that warp power being cast from? Thats the point isn't it. Generally there is a trade off that means the game dynamic and the rule work together, not so with mister "better than a zoanthrope".

I still think a Defiler is a good option, you got the cannon as well as the CC stuff.

Were is that warp power being cast from?

its not being cast at all , it is an aura that works in both players shoting phase. there is no targeting , just affecting units withing given range .

Generally there is a trade off that means the game dynamic and the rule work together, not so with mister "better than a zoanthrope".

*gasp* you want to tell me that some units [like lash prince in 4th ed] have no bad sides ? horrible.

Were is that warp power being cast from?

its not being cast at all , it is an aura that works in both players shoting phase. there is no targeting , just affecting units withing given range .

I meant when you want to cast a power, where is it cast from? Add to that to cast a psyckic power is not mandatory and the whole case for the two being the same falls apart.

*gasp* you want to tell me that some units [like lash prince in 4th ed] have no bad sides ? horrible.

Those princes still had to pass a psy test, and there were ways to ignore it.

Now I've seen this argument done to death and I don't want to be part of a flame war, but push and I will get Magister Templi of the Pyrae on your :lol:

I meant when you want to cast a power, where is it cast from? Add to that to cast a psyckic power is not mandatory and the whole case for the two being the same falls apart.

ok first of all am having problem with the you part here . If you mean the psychic hood vs psychic power thing then the range[aka place where it is cast from] is the hull of the transport . If you mean doom vs transported unit then it is not cast at all , its an special rule that is always active withing given range and resolved in each shoting phase there is no casting because casting would mean it targets.

A psychic hood [just like doom] doesnt target the opposing psyker , it just checks the range if you are withing 24" . if you are within the range and use a psychic power , then I can use my hood[or runestaff] . if your siting in a LR or rhino the 24" I check to you is the hull of your transport . If it would have been true that units in transports are not on the table and cant be affected in anyway , then I would be unable to check the range and use the hood [because I cant check the range to something that isnt there] . The way doom is worded it A doesnt target and B it checks the range to a unit and for transported units where they "are" is the hull of their transport . It is RAW and simple . Is it the only unit right now that can do dmg to units inside transports ? yes , but w40k is full rules that are one of the kind .

Now I've seen this argument done to death and I don't want to be part of a flame war, but push and I will get Magister Templi of the Pyrae on your

what ??? I dont understand fluff talk .

ok first of all am having problem with the you part here . If you mean the psychic hood vs psychic power thing then the range[aka place where it is cast from] is the hull of the transport . If you mean doom vs transported unit then it is not cast at all , its an special rule that is always active withing given range and resolved in each shoting phase there is no casting because casting would mean it targets.

True, but the Hood does no damage on its own and relies on the opposing player "choosing" to use a psychic power.

A psychic hood [just like doom] doesnt target the opposing psyker , it just checks the range if you are withing 24" . if you are within the range and use a psychic power , then I can use my hood[or runestaff] . if your siting in a LR or rhino the 24" I check to you is the hull of your transport . If it would have been true that units in transports are not on the table and cant be affected in anyway , then I would be unable to check the range and use the hood [because I cant check the range to something that isnt there] . The way doom is worded it A doesnt target and B it checks the range to a unit and for transported units where they "are" is the hull of their transport . It is RAW and simple . Is it the only unit right now that can do dmg to units inside transports ? yes , but w40k is full rules that are one of the kind .

Though as it happens in a "Shooting Phase" it can be argued that it is a type of shooting attack that uses range and area, unlike regular shooting, and cannot be done against a vehicle. It is still not working like a Hood, as the Hood does not cause damage to a unit, The Doom forces a unit to role to save, not role to do something that is risky anyway.

I have read the arguments and counters, I go with the negative crowd till its FAQed.

Now I've seen this argument done to death and I don't want to be part of a flame war, but push and I will get Magister Templi of the Pyrae on your

what ??? I dont understand fluff talk .

Read "A Thousand Sons". Though cheesy as an amputated that has been left in a boiling dessert, that came from a worshipper of Nurgle that liked to ware trainers and go jogging. Its still a fantastic quote (and shows McNeils music tastes)

Archived