Blood angels and legions of the damned

emrys

well its been a long time since i have painted any 40k stuff (pointy spears for me usually) but I have finally cracked - the SH terminators, the legion of the damned models and now a new BA codex due out has convinced me to paint 40k again.

WIP of the legion of the damned - hope to paint each individual model they being out for this range - use them in fun games or part of generic SM list

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/emrys/DSC02045.jpg

Test termie pretty happy with the red

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/emrys/IMG_0408_edited-1.jpg

Lovely Blood Angel there - Can I ask what reds you used for base, low and highlighting?

Thank you

i did the red as follows:

you need to get your hands on a p3 paint call skorne red.

Its somewhere inbetween scab and blood red.

on smaller models it goes on in 2 coats, on the terminator i had to put a 3rd coat on.

Then i wash the whole model with the baal red wash

Then i 'shade' the model with a mixture of the brown and red wash (2:1) just at the joints etc.

Next highlight with 50/50 skorne + blood red

highlight with 50/50 blood and blazing orange (the reddy one)

final highlight i use p3 khador highlight but the gw orange (fiery?) would be fine.

i will probably glaze the armour with a green glaze when im done

Looking great all round. The red you have achieved on the Blood Angel is very rich. Nice Job.

I really dig the LoTD minis, and you've totally complimented them with a sweet paint job. My fave point is the bonework, looks oily and grimy. Perfect!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
You certainly seem to have some considerable painting skills. Your marines are very well done and leave me anticipating more photos of your work. This most recent Legion of the Damned figure makes me want to paint some myself. Keep up the good work and keep updating us.

Archived