new missions book report

jmlee

Well, the store copy of the missions came in today and I played 3 games with it. Very very fun! First game was black crusade. Kill points, and all non vehicle units return via reserves when they die. Not too good for me as I was trying out a new list. Second was scorched earth. Went better but still lost as I made a few changes. All terrain is rolled for. I think 1 or 2 its burning and dangerous terrain, and 3-6 is smoking and plus one to cover. Third was kill team, which was the funnest! Great book and fun missions. A very welcome change!

So, these new missions ass some usefulness to some units! I took a dread in our kill team game (2 vs 2) and deployment had us roll for a table side for each unit as we used a setup from another mission type. We also upped the pts to 500 per player. All models act as independant chars, and you can put 3 special rules on 3 different models. I put tank hunter on my dread and placed it on a side by itself. And it owned its side! I rolled ones for the first two turns and it took its shots with the autocannon at an enemy dread, with plus one for tank hunter. It went crazy and controlled its edge! A lot of new unit uses with this book now.

Well... Every team has 3 missions. The team the mission is listed under has an advantage because of the game setup and rules. Not a huge advantage, but it will really make you think more if your the "enemy" (what it calls the other player). Example: chaos demons have one I forgot what its called but they can deepstrike as normal as well as enter from a warp rift in the center of the board. The rift is any size under 12 inches, and the other player can't move within 6 inches of it or else they are removed from the game. This allows the daemons to assault a large area of the map. If you don't want to be assaulted the first turn, it forces you to start in a corner almost. The missions give an advantage to the home team lol. Just gotta think to win.

There's a lot of if you're the attacker on a 2+ you go first etc.

There's a lot of at least 18 inches away as well. It's kinda like a twist on standard missions really. There's some throw backs to old rules etc. On some missions units will gain special rules etc. On the Black Crusade mission I think it is all units gain stubborn and preferred enemy for example.

It's a bit of a variation, not too much and not too little. I've liked what I've seen so far although there way a guard one that did seem a bit pointless if I remember correctly.

Archived