Vindicare assassins and shooting your own units

stinkenheim

Hi, i tried search and nothing popped up (other than a topic about whether scouts can target individual models) so if this has been covered my apologies.

Recently in the sapce wolf forum there has been a thread about Lukas the Trickster, the overpriced suicide bomber in our army. During it one of the members mentioned about how they used a vindicare to shoot him to trigger the bomb. Also mentioned was using the assassin to kill the last remaining model locked in assault to enable you to fire other units at the now freed up enemy squad.

I realise that the Vindicare is able to target any enemy model in a unit, and used to be able to target ICs within range x" of other squads but the idea of targetting your own units is to me entirely wrong and against not the 'targetting restrictions' but the rules as a whole.

I was wondering if it was just me or have i got this wrong?

In short, can a Vindicare assassin target friendly models with a shooting attack?

the general consensus is that he can shoot your own guys.

Infact i think anything can shoot your own units if you want, its not adviseable but theres no rules against it, the vindicare can break the normal restrictions of being in assault..

A firing unit can choose a single enemy unit that is not

locked in combat as its target, and may not split its fire

among different targets. In order to select an enemy

unit as a target, at least one model in the firing unit

must have line of sight to at least one model in the

target unit. If no models have line of sight then a

different target must be chosen.

BRB, p.16

Nope, only enemy units.

Yes you can, although it's very rarely useful

~Gil ;)

you would be suprised.

"Damn that one guy managed to survive the assault, now my army cant shoot the enemy to hell and back"

true, but I dislike killing my grey knights ;)

~Gil ^_^

Yes you can, although it's very rarely useful

~Gil ;)

you would be suprised.

"Damn that one guy managed to survive the assault, now my army cant shoot the enemy to hell and back"

true, but I dislike killing my grey knights ;)

~Gil ^_^

shoot to wound then. just cus something is removed as a causulty does not mean they are dead.

Archived