Chaos Icon Bearers

Thenighthaunter

Chaos Question

I will start to mention that I am new to posting on this forum. I spent several hours looking for the answer here (not to mention the many hours of searching everywhere else). If I have overlooked a post that contains the answer I apologize in advance. Now to my question...

Can an Aspiring Champion be the squad member assigned to the Icon in the various CSM squads ("regular" chaos marines, Chosen, Havocs, etc) eligible to have them? As near as I can tell there appears to be no reason why not. However I do not want to go through the trouble of converting/modeling this guy without being 100% sure. Usually I allow Army Builder to be a good guideline of rule questions like this, however at this time Army Builder is presenting a conflicting judgement. I'll explain:

AB does NOT allow you to select an Icon for an Aspiring Champion under war gear (it is not even an option). However under the Chosen entry it does allow you to equip an Aspiring Champion with war gear from the 0-1 or 0-4 gear that is stated in the codex as "...any member of the squad may..." just as it says for Chaos Icons. That is the evidence I found. And yes I have checked the Chaos FAQ, and it does not mention anything I'd ever even think of asking, let alone this question. Thank you in advance for any help on this subject.

As it just says "one model" any member can have it. All the restricted equipment is listed as character options or that it can be picked by a Chaos Space Marine, Raptor etc (the later meaning that the Champ can't take it).

AB isn't always right.

Archived