Iron Warriors HQ

Ryan814

Currently my Iron Warriors warband is lead by either a terminator, or a power armoured chaos lord. I'm looking to expand my HQ choices just to gain some variety in both painting and gaming. I plan to add both a daemon prince and a sorcerer.

For my daemon prince my current plan is to model one based off the new minotaurs, mainly because they are jacked (and tanned?) and a huge bruiser fits with my IW "breaching" force (shooty vehicles with close in fighting troops). any ideas on how to make this fly (literally as well he needs wings) would be most appreciated.

Now for the Sorcerer I am completely stumped. How do I make a sorcerer look like he belongs in an iron warriors force. I have no idea what models to baseit off of, where to find a cool looking force weapon, how to make him get the MoT and still look like an iron warrior..... totally stumped.

Any suggestion would be super appreciated.

Currently my Iron Warriors warband is lead by either a terminator,

For my daemon prince my current plan is to model one based off the new minotaurs, mainly because they are jacked (and tanned?)

Now for the Sorcerer I am completely stumped. How do I make a sorcerer look like he belongs in an iron warriors force.

- termi lord not really competitive. Lord gets wings.

- IMO IW's DP best modeled as possessed dread. Fits IW's theme better. Use dragon or daemon bits and GS to give wings and arm instead of DCCW. Or just use dread model and make large jumppack/rockets for wings. I don't know that minotaur would make very good IW DP IMO.

- I don't know that an IW sorc would look/be any different the any other sorc. Just use reg sorc model.Or could do some conversions and give a weop to represent psy pwr, some kind of assault rifle w/ armor piercing ammo for doombolt, hvy flamer for WoC, etc.

Currently my Iron Warriors warband is lead by either a terminator, or a power armoured chaos lord. I'm looking to expand my HQ choices just to gain some variety in both painting and gaming. I plan to add both a daemon prince and a sorcerer.

For my daemon prince my current plan is to model one based off the new minotaurs, mainly because they are jacked (and tanned?) and a huge bruiser fits with my IW "breaching" force (shooty vehicles with close in fighting troops). any ideas on how to make this fly (literally as well he needs wings) would be most appreciated.

Now for the Sorcerer I am completely stumped. How do I make a sorcerer look like he belongs in an iron warriors force. I have no idea what models to baseit off of, where to find a cool looking force weapon, how to make him get the MoT and still look like an iron warrior..... totally stumped.

Any suggestion would be super appreciated.

Well, any Librarian model or GK will have cool Force weapons.

Really, an IW warband should be run by a Warsmith... which would be a MoTF really :angry:

There are a lot of ideas out there for making bionic princes. These normally go better with IWs. If I saw a minotaur I would immediately think it was Khorne or Slaanesh related.

MoT is a shield generator. Cool looking force weapon... any weapon can be a force weapon. I do like the GK ones myself though. You could even use the IW warsmith model, change out an arm so he is holding a force weapon, and have his servo arm holding a mechanical device... your 'shield generator'(MoT).

Just my thoughts.

1) Daemon prince: tzeentch (upgraded armor/shield), wind of chaos (warp flamer), warp time (daemon-crafted lightening claws, i did mine with inquisitor tech-gladiator arms), wings (pre-heresy JP or teleporter rack)

2) Sorcerer: Tech marine, psi-eske rules for demonic tech-blaster (must be controlled or attack fom the warp), techmarine halberd as psi-weapon, micro art studio tech wings

3) Any Lord build: wings or T-armor, daemon weapon. slaanesh = sensory implants, wires/tzeentch = tech blaster/khorne = tech halberd/nurgle = extra plates. solo or stick with raptors/termiantors

4) Huron blackheart: IW champion model, add servoskull for hamadyra, change combi-melta into heavy flamer, stick him with any troops choice to add PF/HF

5) Khârn: berserker warsmith, think kroeger, stick with berzerkers

6) Abaddon: Terminator Warsmith with uber CC weapon (hammer)

7) typhus: heavy flamer wired to can on back, smoke launchers on termiantor lord, gas mask head= 1st WW Engineer style

i mostly run 1) and 5), with an option of 6) + 3x3) + 7) in posessed LR for apoc :lol:

works very well.

how about for sorceror asthetics you give him two bionic arms? - i've always been a big fan of the iron warriors and though something such as a mechanical sorceror would open up an interesting can of whoop ass- imagine it a sorceror with two bionic arms with the trade mark yellow & black hazard shoulder pads with vents coming out of the helmet.

and maybe a bionic leg with the trade mark "Iron within" - "iron without" and maybe a multi melta - just throwing ideas out there :lol:

Its sad that Terminator Lords are just so-so because in many ways that would be the perfect HQ for many Legions.

From a fluffy view, if you were in charge of your own Grand Company/Host/Warband etc, don't you think you'd be wearing the good armor (Terminator) and driving around in the fancy car? (Land Raider)

I model my IW to have bionics, even the sorcerer.

For example, his spells (and mark of Tzeentch), I just list them as some sort of crazy bionic super-thingmy and rename the spells to sound more fluffy. Really, you should be more worried about modelling it to look like he could shoot... I don't know, a high-tech substitute for the bolt of change XD

My Daemon Prince has a cybork-esque eye I sculpted out of green stuff. Look into that if you want to make him look more IW

To be honest I don't tend to think of the Iron Warriors as a pure shooting army, they specialize in siege tactics, to be good at that you have to make peace with the fact that nearly nothing you can carry on you will dent the walls of a large fortress. I see them as having big scary vehicles and Daemon engine backed up by troops who are packing close in assault weapons like flamers and melta guns along side ye olde trusty chainsword for the close in work of attacking a breech.

They other reason I think they may not be that big of a shooting army.... look at Storm of Iron, I think in the entire book Forrix blasts a couple of guys with his combi-melta, I'm not sure Honsu actually shoots anyone as he appears to carve his way through guardsman and imperial fist alike. Obviously the khorne-tard captain is all about smashing face as well.

So with that In mind I think pretending sorcerer spells are guns isn't quite for me, above all the Legion seems to like practicality. The spells a sorcerer can cast would be a helpful weapon (just as they view chaos itself) and I'm not sure they would be "put out" just for being a sorcerer.

Now onto bionics, what good ideas to model they do people have, I'm not overly familiar with any good places to find bits like that.

Well early IW fluff never said they were a shooty only army. Actually the original IA article said they 'preferred shooting' but when they got in hand to hand they were as ferocious as world eaters or blood angels :) .

I DSBS one of the other Warsmiths(the one attacking Honsue) had a lot of sorcerers. If memory serves they are what finally brought the fortress down once the special anti-psyker protection was removed/released.

Honsue shot at someone, even threw a grenade. Remember Guardsmen Hawks... the guy he failed to kill who later took out half the IW army. Honsue Shooting=epic fail!

Forrix shot a lot of people in the tunnels. I think he even ran out of ammo but I haven't read it in a while.

Now onto bionics, what good ideas to model they do people have, I'm not overly familiar with any good places to find bits like that.

IW warsmith model. Iron Hand bionic bits. Servitors. Necron parts with some conversions done.

Archived